NOT MINE 65 Fury $35,900 Clean

71FuryGC

Reaction score
Southern Motors

Screenshot 2023-08-11 1.45.18 PM.png

I have no interest in the car but I need to ask does that car command a number like that?

I have no interest in the car but I need to ask does that car command a number like that?
Great question! It made my eyebrows raise. I posted the link because I thought it on the high side but maybe this is where these are heading? This dealer does move a lot of inventory.

Great question! It made my eyebrows raise. I posted the link because I thought it on the high side but maybe this is where these are heading? This dealer does move a lot of inventory.
I'm willing to bet the cars are mostly on consignment.
Owners getting free dry storage for their garage queens.

When I see high prices like that, I figure that they are looking at Barrett-Jackson auctions and expecting the same return... Or they paid that much for it (again, looking at B-J auctions)... Or they are so deep into the restoration costs that they think they should get it that $$ back... Or that's the "tell the wife it's for sale" price that gets them off the hook at home, but never sells the car.

It is a nice car though... I'm thinking $22K only because it's so nice.

It looks better than new! Awesome car
New Fury's came with front inner fender splash guards.

When I see cars like this with insane prices, I go straight to the engine compartment.
I can usually find enough stuff to dampen my enthusiasm.

New Fury's came with front inner fender splash guards.
Yeah when I needed a set for one of my 68 Fury's and really didn't have a need to travel all the way to the boneyard for just that and maybe only finding deteriorated ones like mine, I made a set out of a front end loader inner tube. (or was it a truck tube?)

Some effort went into the car... most likely got a 20 grand paint job but some little things are done sloppy, like the brake line off the master cylinder appears to touch the other one which with vibration over time could lead to a wear through. May have a real lumpty lumpty cam it from the appearance of the vacuum tank for the brake booster.

Back