WANTED 65 Fury 4spd parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit the nail square on the head.
Pedals and mounting bracket is just the start. And if a person gets the complete linkage package it's a real bonus. With the money difference the pedals on ebay are way north of 400 bucks. Likley 500 including shipping.
Trans hump presents a degree of intrigue and cost to do it properly.
Bellhousing dont fall out of trees.
Flywheel are easier to get but not free
Pressure plate and clutch disc.
Shifter
Oh yea cant forget a transmission.
I didnt keep track of the costs to convert my 66 polara. I decided I was doing it and did it. I never had a 4 speed car before and always liked c body cars,
I should also add the repercussions that never crossed my mind before the swap.
My polara has a 2.76 ratio. With 235 15 tires. So there is a certain amount of clutch slipping to get it rolling from a start. Even with the 3.09 first gear.
So after a summer of driving I'm spending more money on the polara.
I have a 489 housing with 3.91 suregrip. Its going in and swapping in a OD 833. My calculations tell my with OD I'll have around 2.85 ratio.
I dont drive the **** out of the car so the gear spacing in the OD should work with my driving style.
The reality of doing a 4 speed conversion is that costs add up.
I've bought/sold a few sets of pedals and other bits over the years.
My experience mirrors that of rd92west - sometimes they were dirt cheap, sometimes people wanted gold for them.
Quite uncommon to get a set of *everything* unless you pulled the parts yourself.
Most folks selling pedals on ebay seem to think the pedals are all you need.
$300-350 seems to be the asking price for jsut a set of pedals.

Just happens to be a set of pedals on ebay right now:
Mopar C-body clutch/brake pedal assembly 65 66 67 68 Fury 300 Polara | eBay

Back on teh Drydock I would see inquiries of guys wanting to buy pedals to convert their car.
When I mentioned all the other parts, they'd reply 'I already have a trans or can get one for $200'.
I'd list all the other parts they'd need, and put on some ballpark prices, and it easily hit $1500 (10+ years ago!).
Then ask 'do you want MB or PB pedals' and then explain how the brakes were involved also.

That usually stopped the conversation and they'd not even ask what I wanted for my pedals!

Fairly certain it’s still there.
Is the engine still in it.
If your not worried about saving the frame and engine is out you can climb in the engine bay and remove the bracket with one of my favorite tools, angle grinder with the trusty zip cut disc. Extreme caution required. Take some frame as well and trim it down once it's out.
I've done 1 slab and 1 fuselage. I copy and make a bracket to use and keep original for pattern

Back on teh Drydock I would see inquiries of guys wanting to buy pedals to convert their car.
When I mentioned all the other parts, they'd reply 'I already have a trans or can get one for $200'.
I'd list all the other parts they'd need, and put on some ballpark prices, and it easily hit $1500 (10+ years ago!).
Then ask 'do you want MB or PB pedals' and then explain how the brakes were involved also.

That usually stopped the conversation and they'd not even ask what I wanted for my pedals!
And that 200 dollar trans likley needs a rebuild. Or the input bearing retainer ain't the correct diameter for the bellhousing.

Is the engine still in it.
If your not worried about saving the frame and engine is out you can climb in the engine bay and remove the bracket with one of my favorite tools, angle grinder with the trusty zip cut disc. Extreme caution required. Take some frame as well and trim it down once it's out.
I've done 1 slab and 1 fuselage. I copy and make a bracket to use and keep original for pattern
Drivetrain is long gone. Haven’t decided if I’ll repair my frame or just weld the engine mounts onto the 6cyl frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back