65 fury dash pad or cover

Have you checked out what it looks like with the pad removed? Pad was an option and the dash looks pretty good without it (my 65 Sport Fury came without a pad and looks great without one.)

Have you checked out what it looks like with the pad removed? Pad was an option and the dash looks pretty good without it (my 65 Sport Fury came without a pad and looks great without one.)

With and w/o pics would be cool to see

I believe AcreageAircooled's '66 Fury doesn't have a dash pad. I don't have a good photo of it but he might chime in with one. Here's one from one of his posts:
attachment.php

The dash pad is held on with the same type of spring clips as what holds the door panels on (at least for a '66 - I presume '65 is the same).

Last edited:
From the latest MCG...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Many 65's did not have pads and in 66 the Fury I and II didn't have them. When I did my car replacement pads were not available and custom made from just dashes wanted IIRC over $800. Screw that. I welded up the holes and did some paint and body to mine, painted it with single stage urethane w/ hardening agent. I like the look of no pad and it can be done in place, if you cant weld or don't want to remove the windshield. 032.jpgcouple pics 154.jpg

032.jpg

154.jpg

Matt--Thanks for posting my press release! I bought your Chrysler pad from you a while back. That issue is what will be handed out at Carlisle, in case anybody is interested. Bob

Back