For Sale 65 Monaco tinted glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

1augapfel

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've given up on my very rusty 65 Monaco and started to strip it. At this time I'm offering a full set of factory tinted glass minus the windshield. This was a low option Monaco and did not have factory a/c but nevertheless had full tinted glass. No other parts for sale at this time. This is why I gave up on the resto idea.

P1020785.jpg

I've given up on my very rusty 65 Monaco and started to strip it. At this time I'm offering a full set of factory tinted glass minus the windshield. This was a low option Monaco and did not have factory a/c but nevertheless had full tinted glass. No other parts for sale at this time. This is why I gave up on the resto idea.

View attachment 145632
Wow that sucks sorry for your loss

Hey Pete,

I'm definitely interested in the glass... gotta figure out how to get it from you.

PM me. Since we've seen each other last, I now have relatives who live in Herndon VA, which might not be too far from you.

Herndon, VA is close to Leesburg, VA, which is where my MIL lives. We visit several time a year. So delivery of the glass is not a problem.

Good to hear from you. I still fondly remember that trip I took to Toronto with my dad's then-new Chevy Colorado. He dumped it earlier this year for a 2014 Ram 4x4 1500 quad cab with the 3.6 V6. Wouldn't have been my choice but he's 82 and can do what he wants to do. Whether it's a good idea or not.

I'm really looking forward to restarting my 66 NYer and 65 Polara vert projects now that my son is old enough to help. And he is a natural...

About a year ago I bought a 1936 Dodge D2 5 passenger sedan that showed up on my street. The 5 passenger trunkless sedan is kind of rare and nice looking. This car had been parked inside a heated garage for the last 30 years or so. Karl and I will be hitting Hershey this coming weekend to look for bits and pieces.

BTW all the glass is still in the Monaco. Once I pull it I'll offer the rust free floor pan for sale. Then I'll pull whatever I can use on the Polara vert and scrap the rest. I bought that Monaco in 1987 and it was a rusty mess back then. Despite the beautiful, beautiful interior I could never get that project airborn. And then came the flood of 2006.

The tinted door glass would fit your Polara project FYI.

I remember your visit with pleasure too! Glad to hear of your various things - how great your son is into it - mine I wouldn't trust with a measuring tape... :wideyed:

That 36 sounds very cool!

Make sure you're not making a tactical error with the door glass - I'm 99.9% positive it would fit your Polara vert.

You still have my #?

My 1965 MPC eludes me at the moment (wife "rearranged" things) but I'm 99% sure that front door glass is different for coupes and convertibles. Went though this on my 66 Fury convertible. I don't know what's different (it seems to fit) but it's not the same part number. The MPC will show up in a day or tow, I'm sure. And yes I do still have your number but it resides on my old cell phone in my freezer. I pull it out every once in a while and fire it up to retrieve a number or two before it dies again. You could make my life easier by giving me the number again.

Didn't find my 65 MPC but checked the notes in my 65 Polara file. Tinted front door glass for a 65 coupe (except NYer) is 2520332/333 while 65 convertible is 2520756/757. 65 only p/n. No idea what's different but something is. Vent glass is the same (for all body styles, 65 and 66) so that shouldn't bee too hard to find but, of course, quarter glass is not. Quarter glass is, however, the same between 65 and 66 (which I did forget).
How old is your son now?

Lol - my son is 22 now. Time flies, eh?

Interesting that the door glass has different part numbers when it will simply interchange. Odd...

I sent you a PM with my info - we can continue this there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back