65 Polara gas tank

Ttmr1996

Reaction score
Is there any difference between the gas tanks for the 65 Polara (which I own) and the 65 Monaco? I thought they were basically the same car. I can find a new tank for a Monaco, but not for a Polara online. My tank is staggered to one side making dual exhaust out the back impossible. I want to install a different tank or fuel cell to make more room.

Thomas

If they had a listing that said the tank would fit a '65 Monaco, but not a '65 Polara, then their application is wrong, they are the same tank, except station wagon. No one that I am aware of is making '65 Polara/Monaco gas tanks.
Dual exhaust is possible with the original tank, Chrysler did it.
Also, I think someone on here put a newer(maybe a '67) tank in their '65. The newer tank is smaller, volume wise. I'm kind of working on finding out if Chrysler superseded the '65 tank up to a newer tank.

If they had a listing that said the tank would fit a '65 Monaco, but not a '65 Polara, then their application is wrong, they are the same tank, except station wagon. No one that I am aware of is making '65 Polara/Monaco gas tanks.
Dual exhaust is possible with the original tank, Chrysler did it.
Also, I think someone on here put a newer(maybe a '67) tank in their '65. The newer tank is smaller, volume wise. I'm kind of working on finding out if Chrysler superseded the '65 tank up to a newer tank.

I would love to find out if the later tank will fit. It seems to be easy to find.

Back