65 SF rear axle pinon angle?

I love the different garnish and lights on Canadian cars, just the small bits make so much difference (to me)
I was looking at a Pontiac Beaumont a few weeks ago, my friend didnt know what it was LOL till I explained.
Very nice mate.

I recall back in the early 80's owning this Pontiac and had vibrations at certain speeds mostly at 55-65mph which sucked.
Did everything possible to stay with the stock setup, replacing u-joints, trailing arm bushings, coil springs, balancing the driveshaft a few times, & replaced the trans mount.
Nothing fixed it until I changed the angle of the differential. It was gone by breaking the parallelogram of the system & tipped the yoke up about 10' figuring I had nothing to lose.
It worked & added close to 100,000 miles with no more vibrations.
So this is one that worked not following the engineered design.
Thinking back, it was likely an incorrect pair of lower or upper trailing arms that threw the system out of whack.

IMG_1256.JPG

Well, if you did that mate and it worked that's fair enough, I cant argue.

I had a vibration I chased for years on my 68 RRunner, changed/did everything, came IN and OUT at 70-80mph, then one day I found it, the lower 180* of the front stub axles had a bad wear ridge on them where the inner dia of the inner front wheel bearing rested, had them welded up (forging so no probs), re-machined back to stock and it 'kin cured it, chased that forever LOL

Back