SOLD 66 300 2dr HT For sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome. Nice 300. This ad is a craigslist anomaly. Lots of good pictures and not a hose to be seen. Good luck with the sale.

Beyond gorgeous. ABSOLUTELY stunning.
How about some background.

Thank you for giving me a great example of what these cars can be. Obviously going to have to kick it up a notch on mine! Magnum 500's really show well on your car more thinking to do this spring stupid winter..

image.jpg

Thank you for giving me a great example of what these cars can be. Obviously going to have to kick it up a notch on mine! Magnum 500's really show well on your car more thinking to do this spring stupid winter..

I knew you would be drooling over this one.

It was partially done when I brought it 9 1/2 years ago. In the last 15 years or so most everything has been rebuilt or replaced. The A/C has been converted to 134A but I left the R12 fittings on it for the original look. A/C works great. It runs and drives like a dream. I replaced the distributor with Chrysler electronic ignition and the carb was replaced with a non Calif. unit. I kept all of the original Calif. (Clean Air) parts that came on the car when new. It runs so much better without them.

I am going to have to add this to the xmas wish list thread. Nice ride!

Stunning looking car inside and out - Best of Luck on the same. BTW, my 66 is a Cali car, can I ask what carb you swapped out? I'm removing all my Cali Clean Air stuff off too. Thanks

It was partially done when I brought it 9 1/2 years ago. In the last 15 years or so most everything has been rebuilt or replaced. The A/C has been converted to 134A but I left the R12 fittings on it for the original look. A/C works great. It runs and drives like a dream. I replaced the distributor with Chrysler electronic ignition and the carb was replaced with a non Calif. unit. I kept all of the original Calif. (Clean Air) parts that came on the car when new. It runs so much better without them.

I replaced it with a standard 49 state carb that would have been on it
It's a AFB 4130S, I think that's the number. Don't forget to remove the vacuum control valve that is in the vacuum advance hose. It delays the vacuum for the advance

I replaced it with a standard 49 state carb that would have been on it
It's a AFB 4130S, I think that's the number. Don't forget to remove the vacuum control valve that is in the vacuum advance hose. It delays the vacuum for the advance
The Carter 4130S is the proper carburetor number for a '66 4 Speed car. The 4131S is for automatic cars.

I can look past the lack of power vents on this one.

I can look past the lack of power vents on this one.

Funny when I saw it had an am/fm radio and was pretty loaded, that was one of the first things I looked for. I don't think I have seen power vents on a '66 300. It is your fault Matt that I even thought to look or even cared for that matter.

The seat coverings look really nice are they leather?

No, the back seat is original and the front seats I redid with a kit from Legendary Interiors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back