66 300 no Power

Ralph Johnson

Reaction score
The Other day when I started the car the radio was not working it wasn't getting any power.
I looked at fuse but seemed Ok. I noticed a dark blue wire that wasn't attached to anything. I thought maybe that is why the radio wasn't working. I looked under dash but can't tell were this wire goes. I went to start the car today I got nothing when I turn the key. I did pull the fuse box down the other day when I saw the blue wire and thought it was maybe attached there also I looked at the connection from the steering column and thought maybe that is were the wire came from. Before this the car started with no issues now I get nothing. I am attaching a few photos

20210806_145648 (1).jpg

20210806_145729.jpg

20210806_145517.jpg

Down load the FSM and the wiring diagram for free at www.mymopar.com. You will find both in the tools/reference section from their home page. There are usually some wires with plugs under the dash for options that were available but not installed on a particular vehicle. If you have no power to anything, check the fusible link as it may have blown. Check the battery terminals and run a voltage check on the battery to be sure is is still charged.

Dave

You said you pulled the fuse box down. Did the car start after you put the fuse box back? If not look for a bad connection or loose wires there.

The wire that goes to the ign switch is red and about 10ga, maybe 12ga. It comes directly out of the bulkhead connector. See if it is loose at that point, on the inside of the car.

The wiring schematics in the Chrysler service manuals are very good. Great graphics and color code chart, too.

DO take a wire brush battery terminal cleaner to the battery posts and the bettery terminal ends. What might first look decent can quickly become gunky when they are taken apart.

CBODY67

1. Do underhood ammeter bypass.
Underhood Ammeter Bypass
2. Clean up fuse panel as Dave mentioned.
3. Inspect and clean bulkhead connectors.
4. Test and repair under dash wiring spaghetti mess.
Hope this helps.

Back