66 Fury two door sedan door panels

Jakenks

Reaction score
Would I be correct to assume that the door panels for these cars are unique only to two door sedans? If so, what year span?

Correct in saying 2 dr sedan door panels are unique as they are cut to fit around the door frame. 65 and 66 had different style door handles and arm rests as in pics below, otherwise the size and shape of the door panels should be the same for post cars in both years. I highly doubt 67 and 68 would adapt but can't say for sure.

65 note the arm rests and handles
2872992226_95223583c0_o.jpg

door handles and arm rests changed in 66 and up models
IMG_0163.JPG

Thanks. I have a 66 and it has no interior panels. I'm guessing I'm going to have a massive amount of problems finding any.

Thanks. I have a 66 and it has no interior panels. I'm guessing I'm going to have a massive amount of problems finding any.
If you have to fabricate, you do have the good fortune of having simple enough panels where I have seen DIY'ers come out with amazing results.

Yes the 2 dr sedan is not all that common let alone finding a salvage one with good door panels. Might be possible to modify panels from a hardtop. I would be happy to send you any measurements you may need.

Thanks. The car is a former race car and had the interior stripped. I've recently entertained putting in some door panels if I could find some. More than likely, I'll fab some "race car panels" and call it a day.

That's the plan. Not removing the six point bar, etc. just was musing what the thing would look like with some door panels.

Back