66 fury windshield cowl clips

66furys

Reaction score
There is an older post on the square base clips used to hold down the trim. My car has some of these, so I will know what to search for re replacements. But, evidently they also used some type clip on the front nose of the cowl. At first, I thought they might be screws, but now, as I examine, I see no, some type clip. Must be flat base with short spring clip thru the elongated hole. Any photos of these things out there, so I can search?? I am guessing I could try to adapt, but with so much experience out here, thought I would ask first. thanks

are you looking for the clips that end up holding the chrome trim that goes around the windshield after windshield is installed?

My car has some of those still on board, so I can try to find more. What I do not have are those that go into the front end of the cowl that are under the rear of the hood itself. All gonium, so I am not sure what they used here. Thanks

do you see what you need here? I dont recall there being any type of clips under the cowl itself other than the ones to hold the chrome window trim

IMG_5669.jpeg

Beautiful pic of exactly where I am talking, but you dont have them. This 66 fury has slots, that I first thought were just holes for screws.....not sure what the diff is, I am not that good on the various designs. But, thanks for your pic, it is great. I do see the same clips on the lip that hold the wiring and vac hoses....that is the same. I wonder how the front of yours is held in place.....mine is floppy even when the rear clips were in place....whole front just flops around.

Beautiful pic of exactly where I am talking, but you dont have them. This 66 fury has slots, that I first thought were just holes for screws.....not sure what the diff is, I am not that good on the various designs. But, thanks for your pic, it is great. I do see the same clips on the lip that hold the wiring and vac hoses....that is the same. I wonder how the front of yours is held in place.....mine is floppy even when the rear clips were in place....whole front just flops around.
mine too is bolted up with screws but I'll have to see if it has the body panel attachment clips like these on the car where the cowl panel bolts to the body with the screws

body panel clip.jpeg

Back