66 New Yorker 5.7 ZF8HP Swap Thread

ctholl

Reaction score
I’ve been browsing the forums for a few years. We just finished up with the 5.7 swap and 8 speed auto on my wife’s car. This post is meant to be informative as possible as no one has really done this yet.

It started with a pullout engine and transmission from a 2017 challenger with 35k miles. It also came with the pedal, engine harness, fuse box, and shifter.

IMG_5709.jpeg

IMG_5710.jpeg

image000003.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5713.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

Installation looks good! How did you interface the radiator to the thermostat housing? Which hoses and such? I suspect the computer is running the transmission?

Take care,
CBODY67

So the car is a perfect running and driving daily for my wife.

To be completed:

-Custom A/C fittings to convert the hemi compressor to the New Yorker

-Wiper motor. There isn’t one installed. How do I know if it’s a 2 speed or 3 speed that came on the car.

-Vinyl wrap, Paint, or just leave it the way it is. Jury is still out on this one lol

-center console to hold the shifter. Anyone have clever ideas?

Welp that’s all I got for now. If anyone wants more pictures let me know. I will try to keep updating the thread.

Installation looks good! How did you interface the radiator to the thermostat housing? Which hoses and such? I suspect the computer is running the transmission?

Take care,
CBODY67
Yes the installation is great my good buddy installed everything and has an eye for detail.

I have those hose P/Ns somewhere I can get that

Yes the transmission is controlled with a TCU.

Oh and I forgot to mention the car will be at Moparty in bowling green this year, unfortunately only on the 15th though till about 3pm.

Yes the installation is great my good buddy installed everything and has an eye for detail.

I have those hose P/Ns somewhere I can get that

Yes the transmission is controlled with a TCU

Take care,
CBODY67

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5716.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

Would love to hear more about the engine and trans electronics.
Sound German automotive?

If that's your wife's car i kind of want to know what you're driving. Hard to top this one IMO

So the car is a perfect running and driving daily for my wife.

To be completed:

-Custom A/C fittings to convert the hemi compressor to the New Yorker

-Wiper motor. There isn’t one installed. How do I know if it’s a 2 speed or 3 speed that came on the car.

-Vinyl wrap, Paint, or just leave it the way it is. Jury is still out on this one lol

-center console to hold the shifter. Anyone have clever ideas?

Welp that’s all I got for now. If anyone wants more pictures let me know. I will try to keep updating the thread.
No cooling fan (s)?

Would love to hear more about the engine and trans electronics.
Sound German automotive?
Mopar crate ECU, Mopar Crate Harness modified significantly, BMW TCU from PowerTrain Control Solutions with a very modified TCU harness from them(they have revised the harness and now comes much closer to what we ended up with).

We were the first TCU from that company. They have since then did some revisions.

If that's your wife's car i kind of want to know what you're driving. Hard to top this one IMO
Yeah we’re car nerds, I have a H/C/I C5 Corvette /manual Big brake kit lots of goodies. We usually daily our 04 WRX Wagon or 05 STI

We are already planning our next project.

Back