66 Newport Finally on the Road!

NOOP

Reaction score
Scooped the 66 up this past December and was in no rush. Just tackled what I could when I had some time to spare. Finally got plates yesterday and I'm on the road. Stoked. Thanks to those that chimed in with info and tips. Much appreciated.

NOOP 4door 1.jpg

The factory wire wheel covers look very nice on there!

CBODY67

As requested... The bottom trim sort of erks me. Car was definitely in an accident at some point and the aftermarket pieces don't look/line up right. Not at the top of my list though. Have a leaky steering gear that will need to be addressed over the winter.

NOOP 4door 2.jpg

NOOP 4door 3.jpg

NOOP 4door 4.jpg

The factory wire wheel covers look very nice on there!

CBODY67
Found these from a local hot rot guy where I am at. I think they are from later model Chryslers. Def not from 66 but I thought they looked cool.

About 35 years ago I brought a copper colored 66 Newport in Austin TX for $400 with 38k on it. Like new it was and I dove it all over these United States for 6 months, regularly sleep in the back. I sold it 2 years late with 80k on it for twice what I paid for it! I've been a C-Body man ever since.

Congrats on getting her on the road. She looks great. Don't get too picky over the small stuff at least yet. Get to know the car and enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting her on the road. She looks great. Don't get too picky over the small stuff at least yet. Get to know the car and enjoy!!
Thank you, and I appreciate those words man. I try to not sweat the small stuff generally in life, but sometimes you just get caught up lol. I'll be doing my first highway run tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

About 35 years ago I brought a copper colored 66 Newport in Austin TX for $400 with 38k on it. Like new it was and I dove it all over these United States for 6 months, regularly sleep in the back. I sold it 2 years late with 80k on it for twice what I paid for it! I've been a C-Body man ever since.
Yes! Thats awesome. First car I got back in my mid 20's was a 1969 valiant with a slant 6. Drove that thing about 64 miles a day for 4 years straight. It was a piece, but man it just wouldn't die. Also had a 67 newport custom 2 door that was a killer man. That thing was sweet. Had to part with it unexpectedly, but that car was bullet proof too. Drove that thing everywhere. Hoping to do the same with this one.

Pics of the 69 valiant and 67 Newport for the hell of it. Feeling nostalgic.

valiant only.png

67 and valiant.jpg

Chrysler Body 1.jpg

Congratulations getting your 66 Newp on the road! We love ours and really enjoy the ride these have. In my opinion the 65-66 body style really works as a four door. These automobiles are coming into their own. You have a great looking car and now you can drive with your hat on! Have a great fall season on the rode. All the best, Retroman

Scooped the 66 up this past December and was in no rush. Just tackled what I could when I had some time to spare. Finally got plates yesterday and I'm on the road. Stoked. Thanks to those that chimed in with info and tips. Much appreciated.

View attachment 615485
Man I can feel your excitement through the words. It takes me back to how I felt when cruising in my 66 SF. It’s a feeling like no other. The simple thumbs up and looks are constant. Enjoy them and let er rip.

Back