66 NT HT Rear Windshield Gaskets?

hotdog647

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source for rear windshield gaskets for the 66 New Yorker Hardtops? The front windshield gaskets fit many models and can be found., Is there anyone who makes gaskets that would fit the rear windshield for the hardtop roofline? I'd appreciate any help or advice. Doug

I'm not sure, but I'll bet it a butyl ribbon seal and not a gasket.

you might try Steele Rubber Products 1-800-544-8665, they are located in Denver, NC.

Thanks for the input. I have really beat the bushes for this one. There was a gasket, but all the sources, even the obsolete part dealers, say no one is making repros. The glass shop can sort of fabricate one from stock rolls, but they say in several years where he mends the corners of the gasket it will begin to shrink, dry and leak. Time then to reseal or replace. Hence their suggestion to continue my search. Again thanks for the help. Doug

Back in 2012 I spoke with a member on the cbodydrydock.com he sent steelerubber his original 66 fury 2 door hardtop rear window gasket, they were supposed to make one, and send him one for using his as the mold. Where that went I don't know. It was member gregcon he installed a hemi in his 66 fury. The car has since been sold, so I assume he had gotten a gasket somewhere. His car was built to the 9s no corners cut.

Back