Separate names with a comma.
Way-ta-go, Clay! A house with a barn has always been my dream property. Mighty fine.
OK Rip this pic's for you. The goats in the earlier pic are on our property, the red barn is not.
Congrats on the property, were going to need more pic's though.
awesome job you are doing. looking beautiful.
Clay you mentioned about putzing with your new 440 hood ornament. is this an aftermarket? i know someone in desperate need of one. they are extremely rare as they were a one year only ornament as i am sure you are aware of. any pics of it? thanks Paul
Paul the first two pics are the original (in pretty rough shape) and the last pic is an after market 67 GTX hood ornament which I am thinking of going with. I've found lots of 383 inserts for the original but have had no luck locating a 440 insert so far....
BTW, AMD has the aftermarket GTX version.....
thanks clay. if you ever want to part with the original let me know. cheers
Not trying to hijack my own thread, but It looks like I may have a second restoration project in my future......
Start a new thread.
Us mentally 12 year olds are excited and curious about your new acquisition!
So I've looked around for a good bit and I'm not having much luck on locating gaskets for the tail lights on the 66 SF.
Anyone have a source? Every time it rains the turn down portion of my trunk lid fills up with water and I'm sure the culprit is my tail lights.
Don't want folks to think I'm a quitter on the car.
Just got word that we close on the little farm this Friday!!!
A month or so to relocate 8 years of hoarding and I'll be back on the car-Man this is killin me....
If DMT doesn't make them, you'll have to make your own. I'm guessing they are sealed with the white open-cell foam gaskets? If so, you can probably get the correct material from McMaster-Carr.
Thanks Jeff! Looks like I'll go that route.
OK another update.
Since we are now in the process of transferring the hoard to the farm from the small house, I've made the decision to try and minimize moving the car around without power. This weekend I'll be moving the car, the nearly complete engine, and the tranny to a local Mopar performance shop to have the following done:
Finish off the motor bolt-ons
Rebuild the tranny
Break in the motor on the run cart
Install the motor and tranny
This way the car will have power and moving it around won't be such a pain. Plus by then, I'll have the new to me garage ready to bring her home with a quick stop along the way for new exhaust.
Still waiting for the remainder of the trim to arrive from the polisher.
And we just bought a brand new chicken coop......
Well there goes the neighborhood!
Rough morning trying to load this nearly complete engine in the trailer by myself. But with a little help from the ole cable come along I was able to make it happen.
Dropped it off and the pouring rain started 10 minutes later-Whew......
So in the midst of moving and getting the farm ready we've decided to add a little more to the project.
Pretty much everything under the hood has been dismantled-brake master cylinder, break lines, front suspension, shocks, and steering column. All to be rebuilt and most likely a new upgrade to front disc conversion. Also going to swap out the radiator and add thermostatically controlled electric fans (2)
Moving to the back, rebuilt 3.23 sure grip from the VIP parts car, new leaf shackles to get the car back to that stock look vs jacked up in the back, shocks and all new brake components.
Also all new exhaust and a new front to back fuel line.
I'll try and provide some pics the next time I get back over there.
Side trim is still in Michigan...…..