66 Sport Fury hood latch and release?

Ok, got the hood release in the mail and in the car! $50 later and now I can put the grill back in and make the car whole again! Thank you for all the help and links. Now I'm off to put the grill in. Thanks again.

John

image.jpg

Any plans to chrome the bumpers down the road?

Yes, that is the plan. I'm going to remove the front bumper and strip it to see how it looks. There are a few spots where the paint chipped and I can see chrome, so I'm hoping that the PO just painted it and its still good under the paint. We'll see!

I understand what you're saying, but I'll have to see where my wallet is at in a few weeks!

Last edited:
I know how you feel, I have a bent front bumper. Getting it unbent is the cheap part, but if it needs to be rechromed... ouch.
I don't know How much it would be in the US but It may give you a ball park. Could always ask a shop as well.

Yeah, I understand, but getting my bumpers rechromed is last on my list of things I want to do to the car. I'll get it done at some point, but not in the near future. I need to get the car to hook. Ordering Nitto NT555 DR's soon. 275/60/15s. I want to get a couple of runs in before the winter sets in at the track.

Yes it is, sorry. The car isn't a show car, it's a street/strip car that was built for it. I will however get them done when the time is right and the pockets are fatter!

Last edited:
Ok, got the hood release in the mail and in the car! $50 later and now I can put the grill back in and make the car whole again! Thank you for all the help and links. Now I'm off to put the grill in. Thanks again.

John
My hood release got lost at the paint shop. Does anybody have one of these?

Back