NOT MINE 67 Imperial Mobile Director on Ebay

coco

Reaction score
Listed as a crown coupe by a dealer, thoughts on this one Matt ?

1645349480790.png

1645349512647.png

1645349537377.png

1645349566270.png

Would be hard pressed to get a title for that in Oregon. Notarized bill of sale means nothing here. Maybe if it was last registered in a non titling state. Which is not Penn. as I understand it.

It is a Crown Coupe, that’s the only way you could get a 2 door. The thing that surprises me most is not one word about the elephant in the room…
It would be an understatement to say that I want this car badly, this is how I like to get a car, all original! Look at that interior, it’s perfectly worn!
a couple of old bias ply tires, a few different wheelcovers, a missing hood ornament and lamp are this things only faults. Oh and that’s not just a rear defogger back there. All this being said I’m not a player, one Mobile Director is enough and I think mine has a better color combo and thankfully an interior that’s every bit as nice as this one. The lack of any, serious or otherwise, rust makes me envious but I have been very much enjoying the challenge of the rust repair on mine(not kidding;).

It is a Crown Coupe, that’s the only way you could get a 2 door. The thing that surprises me most is not one word about the elephant in the room…
It would be an understatement to say that I want this car badly, this is how I like to get a car, all original! Look at that interior, it’s perfectly worn!
a couple of old bias ply tires, a few different wheelcovers, a missing hood ornament and lamp are this things only faults. Oh and that’s not just a rear defogger back there. All this being said I’m not a player, one Mobile Director is enough and I think mine has a better color combo and thankfully an interior that’s every bit as nice as this one. The lack of any, serious or otherwise, rust makes me envious but I have been very much enjoying the challenge of the rust repair on mine(not kidding;).
I can see it coolly hanging out with my other triple black '67 CC, Non-MD.

Your CC-MD in process is a better color combo surely. looking forward to seeing it when you got it where you want it.

Three things challenge me on this one. No title, its on FeeBay at no reserve (i worry about sniping/low quality bidders), and I am not sure it has not been repainted (eg. dent driver fender few inches above the Imp badging, really shiny, etc ) if so, what's underneath?

yeah, its got some "imperfections", but none are showstoppers. heck, its coming up on 60 years old and still standing tall. a ton to like here if one is into this vintage Imp, and a MD to boot. i'd be proud to own it.

so none of what I said will stop this beauty from finding a new home ... I just can't vet, to the $$ degree might have to chase it to above where I'd like, before somebody scarfs it up.

Hope it finds a good home.

Front bumper is tweaked up in the center too but who cares???

Love the car also but wary of Title issue been thru that before. Owner states not a Salvage but in his description says a Salvage.
Also state ' NO LIEN" How would he know if he doesn't have a Title or just assuming that because of age.

car without a title in ohio to me is pretty muchess useless unless it is a parts car. then when it comes time to scrap it you would have to scrap it in 2 pieces not a whole car.

This car has been in storage for a looong time I’m thinking.

Got some pics from the seller. No lamp… but it’s a sure grip car.:thumbsup:
6590DFE3-688F-42D0-989F-E5763089C215.jpeg
5D30438E-97F8-4511-9BEC-2F56336DB43F.jpeg
88717F52-DB60-4B0A-89DA-4EF305B46031.jpeg
1FC688A4-4629-47F0-89BA-22FB1D3E8C57.jpeg

Definitely original paint and stripe.
81D08177-3AA1-44B7-AEB8-DDA24C8A135D.jpeg
C66DB03B-1BD3-406E-99EE-719C6D2D2217.jpeg

No wonder the fenders are so pitted. The rear tires indicate winter operation :(

THX for the extra pics Matt :thumbsup:

No wonder the fenders are so pitted. The rear tires indicate winter operation :(

THX for the extra pics Matt :thumbsup:
If this was a Midwest car for 80,000 miles that rust is minimal. This car is fantastic and I wish I could!

i stand humbly corrected Matt on the finish ... your followup talking you into it? Its working on me :poke:

I still can't do it seriously. it's gone outside where inflation has limited my "orange money" cushion. it might keep going up too ...

I still like it though I can see its a bit of a bigger job to bring back to a minimum standard for me -- but clearly more original than I thought (a good thing).

about a week from now i will have forgotten all about it ... one of the few good things that accompanies the personal odo advancing... :)

If this was a Midwest car for 80,000 miles that rust is minimal. This car is fantastic and I wish I could!

I like it too, but the lack of a title and the fact that I don't have ANY space for a third vehicle make it impossible for me. Pity

i stand humbly corrected Matt on the finish ... your followup talking you into it? Its working on me :poke:

I still can't do it seriously. it's gone outside where inflation has limited my "orange money" cushion. it might keep going up too ...

I still like it though I can see its a bit of a bigger job to bring back to a minimum standard for me -- but clearly more original than I thought (a good thing).

about a week from now i will have forgotten all about it ... one of the few good things that accompanies the personal odo advancing... :)
I am not a player on this one, there’s no way I could be. I desperately need to stay focused on my existing projects of which it can be said that I have too many. I just wanted to satisfy some curiosities and see if I could get some more details for posterity and the seller is being very easy to deal with in that regard. It is also in my best interest to do what I can to see that this car gets all the attention it deserves at this moment.

And just like that it has a 16th bidder.:thumbsup::lol:

I am not a player on this one, there’s no way I could be. I desperately need to stay focused on my existing projects of which it can be said that I have too many. I just wanted to satisfy some curiosities and see if I could get some more details for posterity and the seller is being very easy to deal with in that regard. It is also in my best interest to do what I can to see that this car gets all the attention it deserves at this moment.
Yea keep tellin yourself that. We are here to support you and your goals.

Detmatt goes off the deep end in 3 2 1......

Yea keep tellin yourself that. We are here to support you and your goals.

Detmatt goes off the deep end in 3 2 1......
I don’t often choose this emoji but it’s legit in this case!:rofl:

with ya 100% ... though i am the poster child for too much in the hopper. can't help it .. I'm sick! :)

btw, I am NOT squawking about the bidding level currently on this car. Yes, i do not like this auction format, but I am not commenting on what its "worth"

for me its gone outside what I wanna spend/do given all the other stuff I am working on .. so its just too tall for me. where its at now I could have finished the suspension/brake work on my bus for example.

so, that says nothing about this cars transaction value in the end ... its worth whatever willing buyers/sellers agree upon in a fair transaction.

i am happy its in the $$ territory where its more likely to have a good home where it can be "restored" and be preserved in the hobby and hopefully enjoyed for many years to come.

Back