67 New Yorker Project

Thanks to all for the comments.

It has been awhile since I was able to do any projects of my own. At this time I am building a '77 Scout Terra from a very rusty skeleton... Not my cup of tea, but it pays the bills, and frees up some extra money for my projects in waiting.

I would love to wake up everyday with the keys to that beauty and go for a cruise. I would take a chance and would definitely drive every nice weather day. Beautiful classic Mopar's have to be driven. I would probably freak when other cars get too close.

This project was put on hold when the machinist that normally does my work moved. He rebuilt one building to put all of his equipment in and found out it was going to cost about $8,000 to wire it and later was able to move his old shop with all the wiring intact for less... So long story short I have not seen the block or reciprocating assembly for this project for 2 years.

In the mean time I tried out a local machine shop with my boat engine and they ruined my roller cam 360 block by cutting the deck too far, so I really need this guy to get rolling, as he does really nice work as has nice CNC equipment to do it.

The Dana 60 is a complete new unit for a B-body, with Strange axles, extended studs and 4.10s. The new leaf springs are from Kansas City (General Spring). Likely an unpleasant venture, but I will be moving the springs inward slightly and building frame connectors.

The scoop is a '66-'67 Hemi Super stock scoop from AAR and from research they have a good reputation. For fiberglass it is quite nice overall, straight and rigid. There are two heights for the scoop, which I believe were 2.5" and 3.5" at the leading edge and this is the lower/shorter scoop. I need to fit the rear to match the contour of the hood, and it should be much more subtle after I paint it to match the car, which may bring me down a notch or 2 on Mr C's nincompoopery scale... :grin:

Copy of IMG_1179.jpg.
Copy of IMG_1170.jpg.
Copy of IMG_1178.jpg

Copy of IMG_1179.jpg

Copy of IMG_1178.jpg

Copy of IMG_1170.jpg

Last edited:
We were doing so well up to now.......

I knew it before I even scrolled down. LOL

for what it's worth, the scoop isn't my cup of tea. Having said that, this car wouldn't have much problem pulling off the look with it on.

Back