67 polara rear window removal

67polara

Reaction score
I am wondering how the back window is held in on my 67 polara 2dr hardtop. I want to say it was glued in but wanted to doublecheck before I tear into it tomorrow. If it has a seal are they still available? Thanks in advance.

I am wondering how the back window is held in on my 67 polara 2dr hardtop. I want to say it was glued in but wanted to doublecheck before I tear into it tomorrow. If it has a seal are they still available? Thanks in advance.
I’ve never removed the rear glass in a 67 Polara , but I have in many other slab side cars & you have to remove the molding by popping it up from the clips carefully with a moulding tool. Then cut the old gasket COMPLETELY out. I have plastic wedges that are made to lift the glass up. Cut away any glue or sealer a previous owner may have applied. Then slowly lift the glass up & out once all the gasket is cut away. Having a patient helper is a plus. Yes you will need a new gasket. Rock Auto has some. They are hard to find. Get the gasket first. A warm day or shop is a plus too. Clean the chanel out good. Don’t remove any paint. 3M general purpose or lacquer thinner. Repair any rot. There are some helpful videos on YouTube for installing glass with a gasket.

Back