'68 bb ps bracket

jct

Reaction score
so i replaced this bracket with another one just like it minus the welded part on it
P1040369_zpsnqcebrlk.jpg

and i just read that this style was the last of it for this year before it got replaced with a new bracket the following year and the self adjusting bracket it junk. since i replaced the bracket my pump squeals a lot more and shakes around than with the old bracket which had the pump and pulley crooked from the rest of the pulleys.

what's a good replacement bracket for an a/c car and TRW pump

Last edited:
These "floating brackets" are the only ones I know will work on these pumps. My belt will squeal if revving in neutral, but not in gear under hard acceleration, and it's on a hi-performance 440. Pretty much the nature of the beast. I have a complete floating bracket assembly, but it sounds like that's what you installed already.

Take a look here:

Hoffman's Winners Circle Power Steering Pump Brackets

I used PS003 on my '67 4DSD w/383-2bbl. It has A/C and this bracket worked fine even though it says it's for non A/C only. I had to get a shorter belt to make it work. I bought three sizes and returned the two that weren't needed.

I replaced all the seals in the pump when I had it all apart as well.

With the new bracket and belt, it all works well with no leaks, noise, or bad vibration.

Hope the input helps.

John

i have a feeling that my pump is all buggered up since i have no idea how long the welded bracket was on there with a misaligned pulley cause it squeals when i rev it in idle and driving around. even my gf is in tune with all the odd sounds my car makes

Show us a picture or two of what you have installed , maybe one of us will twig to whats going on through that.

i will get new pics soon within a day or two

in the mean time here's a couple of old pics from my very first post here
P1030779_zpsidkcu2vb.jpg
P1030781_zpshoinhice.jpg

i did notice when i jiggled it around the back and forth it has (i want to say lots) of movement slop on the bracket and pump.

P1040376_zpsrejmwpwj.jpg

P1040378_zpshzjawjmh.jpg

P1040377_zps8vndcbrv.jpg

P1040379_zps0dunalbh.jpg

i'll loosen it up tomorrow to see if i can jiggle the pulley around

found my belt squeal it was the fan belt, the idler pulley managed to loosen up and a new idler pulley is ordered #thumbsup

Back