68 Chrysler Imperial Convertible, Not mine in Vegas

coco

Reaction score
$11.5k , very little info

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/las-vegas-clean-original-reliable/7141800704.html

00R0R_kmY0S30xmBR_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_4CazIxqPGTI_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_jcV6TC408eb_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

I am willing to bet heavy that,, that car was sold new by Gateway Chrysler Plymouth
of Omaha Nebraska...
There were 23 of those cars made...
All of them white with green interior and green tops...
They were purchased by members of Tangier Temple of the Omaha Shrine..
There are now referred to as the " Shriners cars"...
They were the last Imperials the Shriners purchased..
It may need some work but at 11,500$ it is not a loosing proposition...

If I’m not mistaken, ‘68 Imperial convertible was a low production number car.
If it’s a chrysler or an Imperial and the top goes down the numbers are low period.

yup 474 and only 25 special order with out A/C

Seller did not put much effort into properly displaying this car for sale and supplying information as to whether it runs, mileage, condition of the trunk floor etc. and if it is road worthy. Price is fair for a rust free runner but more information is needed.

Dave

This car was owned by my family from 1974 until I sold it in 2005. This was mom's daily driver until the early 1980's. I clocked many miles behind the wheel in my teen years. I actually drove this car part of the way to the WPC National Meet in Lake Tahoe in 1976 (I was 13 years old) dad was in the passenger seat. Same WA state license plate IXY 777 as when I sold it. When I sold it, it went from Seattle, WA to California.

I sold it after my dad passed in 2004. Hardest car I have ever let go.

Yes it's a Shriner Imperial. This was a great car. The '68 Shriner cars had every single available option except AM-FM Radio.

Car was in very nice condition when I sold it. It had one quality repaint in about year 2000.
When I sold it, the car still had the original green top, and it looks like the same top is still on the car. Top was tight as a drum, but was starting to get a couple small tears in 2005. Looks like same original top is still on car. Original green leather interior was in good original condition. Car ran and drove well.

I don't have any knowledge of where or what has been done with this car since it left my possession in 2005. I heard it was at MoPar Spring Fling in LA in 2007 and that was the last I heard of this car until now.

PM me if you want any more history on the car.

Pictures below are the day I sold it in May 2005. Those are my 2 kids (and me).

May26^15.JPG

May26^18.JPG

Last edited:
jrdudeman,

That is wonderful story to back up the car, shame you are not able to buy back ! Love to hear these ...

I sold my first car, a 1961 Ford, a long time ago, to an actor from the Harry Potter movies and used to see it sitting unloved in car park. I left a note on it to try and buy it back but he refused the offer saying it was headed for restoration. It got done and had many famous folk in it before it was auctioned on TV for the Live Aid event in 1985. It sold for £6,666, never to be seen again.

This car was owned by my family from 1974 until I sold it in 2005. This was mom's daily driver until the early 1980's. I clocked many miles behind the wheel in my teen years. I actually drove this car part of the way to the WPC National Meet in Lake Tahoe in 1976 (I was 13 years old) dad was in the passenger seat. Same WA state license plate IXY 777 as when I sold it. When I sold it, it went from Seattle, WA to California.

I sold it after my dad passed in 2004. Hardest car I have ever let go.

Yes it's a Shriner Imperial. This was a great car. The '68 Shriner cars had every single available option except AM-FM Radio.

Car was in very nice condition when I sold it. It had one quality repaint in about year 2000.
When I sold it, the car still had the original green top, and it looks like the same top is still on the car. Top was tight as a drum, but was starting to get a couple small tears in 2005. Looks like same original top is still on car. Original green leather interior was in good original condition. Car ran and drove well.

I don't have any knowledge of where or what has been done with this car since it left my possession in 2005. I heard it was at MoPar Spring Fling in LA in 2007 and that was the last I heard of this car until now.

PM me if you want any more history on the car.

Pictures below are the day I sold it in May 2005. Those are my 2 kids (and me).

View attachment 382596

View attachment 382597

A lot can happen to a car in 15 years since your family owned it, but your history with the car makes it worth every penny. Thanks for sharing.

Back