WANTED 68 Chrysler Newport alternator gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB Dodge

Reaction score
Contact seller
Just purchased a 68 Chrysler and the alternator gauge is not letting current through if anyone has one I would like to purchase or send it out to get fixed

Thank you for the quick reply and good info I will bypass the gauge per your instructions and still would like to replace it if possible to have both circuits and to see the needle move

Thank you for the quick reply and good info I will bypass the gauge per your instructions and still would like to replace it if possible to have both circuits and to see the needle move
I got NOS and used ones frpm Ebay.
Best to add an aftermarket voltmeter under the dash to monitor the charging system.

Let me know how much on the new and used

thanks
Let me check my stash. May have a used one that still works.
Personally, knowing how much of a job it it to drop the steering column and pull the 3 pieces of the dash then disconnect the shift indicator and trip odometer and speedo cable and all the switches and lights....
I would let sleeping dogs lie.
Do the bypass, add and aftermarket guage and it is done.

Last edited:
Everything is apart now the previous owner cut all the main power wires to bypass and cut all the sheathing on the harness I just got done repairing the harness waiting on the right tape to wrap up

Everything is apart now the previous owner cut all the main power wires to bypass and cut all the sheathing on the harness I just got done repairing the harness waiting on the right tape to wrap up
And the plot thickens....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back