For Sale 68 Fury VIP fasttop, 440 L-code, 45k miles in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the member that live streams the TT races (thank you) heard my rant as today the phone was sideways as like last year. Don't know why he went vert for the minimal 3 days of practice that they had but my guess is the end user that don't have the phone set to (or how to turn on) 'Rotate'. I wasn't going to bring it up, :BangHead:.

I guess you would have to really look for any rusticles or bubbles.Very pretty car and i don,t mind the purple.Seems to work.Love ythe 2 doors of these years.Especially the New Yorkers.B.B

2h3som.jpg

Very Impressive Plymouth: 1968 Fury VIP

JAN 25, 2016 • FOR SALE • 15 COMMENTS
Very Impressive Plymouth: 1968 Fury VIP
Marty WilkeMarty Wilke

In 1968, the top of the line Plymouth Fury was called a “VIP”. It was only manufactured for three years, 1966-1969. It was offered as the upscale luxury counterpart to the successful “Sport Fury” trim level cars.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.001.jpe

It included a much more luxurious interior including faux wood trim panels, extra insulation and other options, and plenty of fancy exterior bright work. This one is in what Chrysler referred to as a “fast top” body style, but the VIP was more commonly found in the four door hardtop configuration. The seller says just 6,768 were produced, but doesn’t mention whether that’s this body style, or both. I didn’t verify it, but less than 10,000 units for special trim level sixties Mopars is not unusual.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.002.jpe

This one looks fantastic in this color, and although the wheels are not original, I think they go along with the look of the car pretty well. The body looks straight, and the trim looks good.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.003.jpe

A peek under the hood reveals a no-nonsense engine compartment, not detailed, but still presentable, and it reveals this burgundy to be the car’s original color. The engine is Chrysler’s “Commando V8”, which in this case is a 383 big block. Although the 426 gets all the press, this “B” block also has wedge-shaped combustion chambers in the cylinder heads.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.004.jpe

While I’m sure I would have removed the pink bath mats before taking the photos, the seller tells us the interior has been re-done, and I respect his decision to protect the carpet and keep it looking like new.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.005.jpe

The seller also tells us this is not a show car but a great cruiser, and I’m inclined to believe that. The asking price is $8,000, which seems very fair for a nice looking, finished driver like this one.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.006.jpe

The trunk looks as clean and finished inside as the rest of it. It would be nice to see under the floor covering though, just to make sure there isn’t any rust.

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.007.jpe

It’s located in the town on Puxico, Missouri, and is offered for sale here, on the The southeast Missouri craigslist page. If I had room for this big, beautiful Mopar, I’d be on it like a bum on a baloney sandwich. One of Plymouth’s ad taglines in 1968 was “and the beat goes on”. I think I can still hear it. Can you?

Very Impressive Plymouth 1968 Fury VIP.008.jpe

According to comments on that Barnfind page, asking price on that one was $8000 and that it was the original color.
Looks like some popcorn under the VT going up beside the rear window.
I'd rather have these cloth-inserted recovered seats, the original color and the $8000 savings. Smaller engine would be OK with me due to being a 4-barrel.
This color would look awesome with some 10-spoke wheels of 80-83 (on whitewalls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back