'68 Newport convertible project car valuation?

Looks like all the holes for the Sportsgrain trim are filled. Do you have the trim? If not being a Sportsgrain might hurt rather than help the value.

The Sportgrain option makes it a little more interesting. I think the production of convertibles with the option was around 138. The color change doesn't help. What happened to the top...? Something fall on it..? You may do better to just remove the vinyl and leave the frame up.
Should it really be a sportgrain, I know where all the special trim is on a parts car, in good condition. Could be a selling point.
As it is...... I agree with the $1500.00 estimation, if it will run.

There was a Sportsgrain wagon on the board some time ago, in a yard out in Oregon, don't know what happened to it. That trim on a vert would be spectacular. Anyone have any pics of what it would look like?

68chry57190-6.jpg

Either of those examples have the correct wood grain. The trim had a different grain from the main body.
The wagons were called Town & Country as opposed to Sportgrain.

That fake wood paneling may be unique or rare but am I the only one that thinks it looks down right hideous? On top of that, it completely ruins the design of the concave sides.

It's somewhat of an acquired taste, but I like the contrast with the turquoise blue, especially.

That fake wood paneling may be unique or rare but am I the only one that thinks it looks down right hideous? On top of that, it completely ruins the design of the concave sides.

I have to agree with you. I was never unhappy that it had been removed from mine. I've always liked it on wagons, but not on convertibles.

It is different, but not that attractive IMHO. Could be why so few were sold. Mercury also had a wood grain option on their full size convertibles from the era.

This is the correct grain on the 68 Newport.

Back