'68 Newport convertible project car valuation?

cyberwolf

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Chrysler Newport convertible that I've had for about 30 years now. It was a daily driver a couple of decades ago, but now is more of a barn find. It's pretty complete besides a completely shot top and interior, but I did have it running and moving a couple of years ago. I've finally faced the fact that I'm probably never going to get around to restoring it. Any ideas on how to set the value to try to sell it?

It's in Pennsylvania, BTW, within a half hour of Carlisle, so Chryslers at Carlisle might be a good time to sell.

Welcome! More details and pics would be needed to give a fair valuation. Any rust? How's the body? Mileage?

Welcome.

By investing a few bucks so it will drive onto a trailer instead of it being a roller will net you bigger bucks.

By the way, where in FL are you? I have a 67 Fast top.

Thanks for the quick responses! I didn't think I had any recent photos, but these are from the last time she was between garages. The mileage is around 125k, I believe. The body is pretty straight and not a lot of rust.

Newport_01_1024.jpg
Newport_02_1024.jpg
Newport_03_1024.jpg
Newport_04_1024.jpg

Welcome.

By investing a few bucks so it will drive onto a trailer instead of it being a roller will net you bigger bucks.

By the way, where in FL are you? I have a 67 Fast top.

I started down that path a couple of years ago, mainly so I could get it transported. I'm in Coral Springs, Florida - so getting it transported here is the first major obstacle to doing any work myself. I had a local mechanic do a little work and get it started and moving, but that's been a couple of years ago now, too.

Nice looking hardtop!

Looks like a great project, is it a black car originally?
oh yeah, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Has this car sat outside with the top in that condition?

Has this car sat outside with the top in that condition?

Outside for a little while, but covered with a heavy cover. Most of the time it's been in a garage, though. The interior has seen some water, I'm sure, but not completely exposed.

Looks like a great project, is it a black car originally?
oh yeah, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

No. It was re-painted that color when I bought it. I think it was originally green with the Town and Country trim.

And thanks for the welcome!

That makes for an interesting detail. If you can post up a pic of the fender tag, that'd be great.

Thanks. I hate to see it go for that, but not too optimistic on getting much more.

Gorgeous '65, BTW!
What is killing you is the distance tween you and the car.
In who's trust is it currently?

Can it be dragged somehow to Carlisle?

Are you up for a little vacation to Carlise next month?

What is killing you is the distance tween you and the car.
In who's trust is it currently?

Can it be dragged somehow to Carlisle?

Are you up for a little vacation to Carlise next month?

You hit the nail on the head. I am considering going up there next month. The car is currently in a relative's garage, but she is selling the home soon, so that's what is driving my decision. I'd need to rent a trailer and something to tow it with and just not sure if it's worth the extra time and expense to fly up there.

Looks like all the holes for the Sportsgrain trim are filled. Do you have the trim? If not being a Sportsgrain might hurt rather than help the value.

Back