68 ps pump rebuild

Wojtek

Reaction score
Being in Canada during covid I could not find a ps pump for my car anywhere they are either sold out or would cost over 500$ for me to find one in the states which most sites that ship here are also sold out. So I made the mistake of buying a rebuild kit and thinking I could do it myself. and after pulling the pully off. searching the web for a hour and reading the service manual i can't figure out how to take it apart further. One guy in a video said to take a hammer and punch to the grooves and the shift assembly should spin out. Is that correct?

20200819_152702.jpg

Thanks for the link. I had a small leak coming from the front. So someone told me its probably the big oil ring on the front or the shaft. I got the pump separated from the resovour and its super super filty so gonna try replacing the ring and cleaning it out and putting it back together. I don't wanna take it apart any further if I don't have to but to have the info before would have been nice

15978750190544458108063277306274.jpg

Be super-careful not to nick or scratch the shaft while removing the seal or it will leak like a sieve when done.

Jeff

Did the oil seal and cleaned it out. Took it to a mechanic to press the pully on and put her back together. Took it for a quick spin. had to put a longer return hose which leaked a bit but the pump itself seemed okay i will check it tomorrow again.

Thanks everyone for the responses

Back