68 Splash shields install qs and harness strap sourcing q

Reaction score
This is for a 1968 Plymouth Fury.

Where do these splash shield pieces go?

I got these from Detroit Muscle Technology and no instructions were provided.

I looked for a diagram online with no joy.

Additionally, where can I get these harness straps?

IMG_8855.jpeg
IMG_8856.jpeg

This is on my '70 300. It's by the sway bar, clips to the frame.

rlnDaX6.jpg

ame

straps...QQE ...814 509 6410 has original style flat ones...the one you are holding is the later type with the extra "humps" for 69/70 ...they are out there from multiple sources, ebay etc...idk when changeover happened may have differed by plant so no idea if yours have already been replaced with later ones 20 yrs ago or if they were factory

Thanks. I’m not sure that Elwood had those. If he did, they were long gone before I purchased him.
The '69-71 are slightly different from what I see in the pictures. I bought the ones from DMT and they fit great, so I'll say those (69-71) are correct.

1703095017711.png

It's a tad too cold for me to get down on the concrete floor to take a pic of my '65. But we've already talked about my cold garage in another thread...
:rofl:

OK, I relented... and went out to the cold garage. I had to put the freshly painted air cleaner back before something happens to scratch it up and figured out I could reach down from the top... which kept me off the cold floor.

Here's a pic of the shield on my '65 300L.

zuX8TP2.jpg

The larger masticated rubber shields are for the upper control arm area. Attach to the splash shield with metal clips. Holes are already in the metal flange they attach to, IIRC.

As to the wiring harness retainers, seems like 1968 was when they changed to the "dual hump" ones? But might have been 1969. The '65-'68 items are smoother by comparison and seems like the nub holes' width is a slight bit off from the "more popular", similar looking ones?

Some of those little details can make a big difference in how things look.

CBODY67

Thanks for getting this thread started. Rumor has it Santa might be bringing me some splash shields this Christmas for my 68.

:lol:

FWIW, you can download a copy of the old Gary Goers catalog. https://www.chryslerclub.org/PDF files/GOERS.pdf That may help in dealing with Quiry.

I'd really like to see them do an online catalog...
Thanks! I downloaded it. It reminds me of the Clark’s Corvair Catalog that I spent a lot of time reading back in the late 70’s when I was wrenching on the 62 Monza wagon and 65 Monza that my Dad and my brother and I drove to high school.

Back