68T&CCruiser wants to say THANKS for having me

68T&CCruiser

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I FINALLY got an old MoPar Wagon and I am thrilled to have found this site. I just received my 1968 Chrysler T&C with hopes of taking it to next year’s Hot Rod Power Tour with my son. I have been looking for the last couple of years for “the right one”, and I believe that this one is it. Yes, it NEEDS work (stuck 383 2bbl, interior, unknowns, etc), but I am up for it. You could say that I have tastes for old cars of all sorts, so I’m not just purely MoPar , it is more of shapes of cars that I like.,,Anyway sorry for rambling.,, I hope to use this site for tech inspiration and parts sourcing. Thanks for having me! Attached are a couple pictures of my “new baby”..

IMG_9975.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_9988.jpeg

IMG_9991.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. I can smell the old gas from here. :) Keep us posted on the progress!

Welcome to the site! Motor might not turn over since the starter appears to be sitting on the driver floor board... :lol:

I'm a 68 T/C owner as well, love the 68's! ;)

XKBpmNeh.jpg

Welcome to the site! Motor might not turn over since the starter appears to be sitting on the driver floor board... :lol:

I'm a 68 T/C owner as well, love the 68's! ;)

View attachment 607811
Yeah, Plugs out, starter’s out, stinky old carpet now out…Marvel Mystery oil in…now it’s wait for the “Mystery Oil” to work while I fiddle/find/fix other stuff!

A slabby wagon…. Love it! Congrats on your new ride. I have a 68 300 convertible. Love these big ‘ol boats of a car.

Freeing up the pistons I would go with a 50/50 mix of ATF and Diesel.

I'd be pulling the valve covers as well and remove the rocker assemblies and give the valve train a coating as well, might have a stuck valve here and there. After it's soaked for a couple days, and a couple applications give the valves a tap with a rubber mallet and see if they move up and down. Same with the pistons...apply the solution several times and let it sit then give it a pull on the harmonic balancer bolt, and hopefully it moves. If not keep trying with move fluid, let it sit and try again.

Freeing up the pistons I would go with a 50/50 mix of ATF and Diesel.

I'd be pulling the valve covers as well and remove the rocker assemblies and give the valve train a coating as well, might have a stuck valve here and there. After it's soaked for a couple days, and a couple applications give the valves a tap with a rubber mallet and see if they move up and down. Same with the pistons...apply the solution several times and let it sit then give it a pull on the harmonic balancer bolt, and hopefully it moves. If not keep trying with move fluid, let it sit and try again.
Okey Doke! Thanks for the words!

Back