69 300 convertible door seal problem

pmschmitt

Reaction score
Just purchased a 69 300 and noticed when the top is up it seems as though the drivers door does not close entirely at the top. Upon further inspection it seems as if the window assembly is "loose"? and keeping the windows from sealing properly with the top up. You can see there is a visible 2cm gap between the door window and the back window. How do you fix this? the body lines are all straight. Does the window assembly come seperate from the door? can I just remove the door panel and tighten the bolts or am I in for some real body work problems. Thanks for any help you can impart. See attached pics for more clarification.

Also I noticed there is no rubber gasket/ trim between the drivers door and the windshield frame. any idea where i can get this part. Please see attached pics.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

WOW.....! I just sent my 69 300 convertible parts car to the scrap yard..... With those seals still on it. Maybe two weeks ago. I did keep all the top side window seals.....

The side glass adjustment.....? it's not clear as to weather the gap is front/back.. or side to side. It may be the rear 1/4 glass is moving to far forward at the top when up. There is a stop adjustment at the front and rear to adjust that..... You really should get a Factory service manual..... The adjustments are all covered in it.

This guy is parting a 69 Newport convertible..... try him...

http://cbodydrydock.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?168790

Last edited:
WOW.....! I just sent my 69 300 convertible parts car to the scrap yard..... With those seals still on it. Maybe two weeks ago. I did keep all the top side window seals.....

Thats what happens and I think Stan called it

Blue Fury I'm working on getting a service manual ASAP. I believe it is a problem with the door window unit though. The window of the door does not contact the convertible top tightly when closed. When i get the service manual i'll look into adjustments. Also, realized I am missing some of the convertible top gaskets that contact the doors. Did you say you still had those. Are they for sale? Please let me know if so. Im working on getting some pics up of the car soon. Thanks again for all your help.

realized I am missing some of the convertible top gaskets that contact the doors. Did you say you still had those. Are they for sale? Please let me know if so. Im working on getting some pics up of the car soon. Thanks again for all your help.

Here is a pic of the seals I have. One of the rear 1/4 rubbers is missing, the other 5 are in pretty good condition.
If interested pm me.... or contact me at rockerarm@juno.com

Thanks, Will.

DSC00351 (Large).jpg

Blue fury thanks for the quick reply but the Newport link at the dry dock had them as well as the door pillar gasket I originally asked about.

Back