69-70 side marker question

jymy

Reaction score
Is it so that 1969 Chrysler 300 does not have rear side marker lamps... only reflectors? If this is the case, can you mount 70 model rear side marker lamps into 69 model... does it fit without modifications?

Can't answer the question but welcome Jymy.

Head over the the welcome wagon and tell us about yourself and your project :) Post pictures if you have them

they do have rear side markers........it was a federal mandate starting in '68

the ones for 70-71 interchange, no idea if they fit a '69 or not, my interchange only goes back to '70

they do have rear side markers........it was a federal mandate starting in '68

the ones for 70-71 interchange, no idea if they fit a '69 or not, my interchange only goes back to '70

Chrysler cheated on the 69's and put relectors. That didn't fly so back to lights in 70.

Alan

Can't answer the question but welcome Jymy.

Head over the the welcome wagon and tell us about yourself and your project :) Post pictures if you have them

Thanks tallhair :eek:ccasion14:

Here´s the pic about my 300... this is my first C body and it´s very cool ride!

jymy_300.jpg

jymy_300.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Yes, I like those side marker lamps so I want to put the rear lamps as well... so if you know if the 70 rear side markers will fit please share that info. Thanks.

I assume that they are the same as my 69 sport fury and the 70 sport fury but in different locations. The lighted one that is in the 70 is longer and thinner than the reflector only in the 69.

1969 Chrysler 300
1969-Chrysler-300-Convertible.jpg

1970 Chrysler 300

DSC07005.JPG

1969 Fury

mopp_0202_03_z%2B1969_sport_fury%2Bbackview.jpg

1970 Fury

Fullscreen-capture-7232012-10701-PM.bmp.jpg

I hope this helps ...........

:sSig_greetingsthor:.......... :welcome: ..... Nice 300. Do you have any more pictures and info on her ...?

All the 69's used reflectors on the front & rear except when equipped with optional cornering lamps in the front. (rears were still reflectors.)
The 70 rear marker lights will not directly interchange.

:sSig_greetingsthor:.......... :welcome: ..... Nice 300. Do you have any more pictures and info on her ...?

All the 69's used reflectors on the front & rear except when equipped with optional cornering lamps in the front. (rears were still reflectors.)
The 70 rear marker lights will not directly interchange.

IIRC ALL '69 side reflectors are the same regardless of body style or carline.

As has been written above, the shape and location of the side marker lights changed between '69 and '70/'71.

I never toolk a '69 apart but I would assume that there are merely indentations in the '69 quarter panel to accomodate the reflector (and base) and maybe two small holes for mounting studs. I can imagine there is a bigger hole in the '70/'71 panels to allow the bulb and its fixture. So you'd probably have to drill a big hole for the bulb and base to install a '70/'71 side marker light, while it probably would not fit right into the location of the '69 reflector which is more squarish than the '70/'71 light.

This is what my 69 Sport Fury has ..............

e5f5_12.JPG

Now I have seen these lights from a 1970 "B" body and they look like they may fit.
LN-VML700.jpg

This is what my 69 Sport Fury has ..............

e5f5_12.JPG

Now I have seen these lights from a 1970 "B" body and they look like they may fit.
LN-VML700.jpg

I like those. I've never seen them, and they look like they will interchange with the 69 reflectors. Do you know the actual application ..... ? or are they aftermarket .....?

I like those. I've never seen them, and they look like they will interchange with the 69 reflectors. Do you know the actual application ..... ? or are they aftermarket .....?

This is where I found them while searching .........

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/lenses.htm

LN-VML700.jpg
1970 PLYMOUTH B BODY SIDE MARKER ASSEMBLIES
NEW!LN-VML700 1970 Plymouth B Body $ 219.95/set

Thanks for the hint! Just ordered those and let´s see if they fit.

Wow, I just found this thread and a pic of your car, Jymy... It looks great! Congrats!

And sorry for the off topic... ;)

Wow, I just found this thread and a pic of your car, Jymy... It looks great! Congrats!

And sorry for the off topic... ;)

Thanks for the compliment and congratulation is definetly not off topic :icon_thumright:

Back