69 chrysler AM radio Dash speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

69Chrysler300

Reaction score
Contact seller
Does anyone has a nice working front dash speaker part no 2884 303.

It's for a 69 chrysler 300 with a AM radio and only one central speaker in the dash.

Thanks!

Front dash speaker (single) 69 chrysler 300 - 2884303.jpg

Highly doubtful you'll find any 40+ yr. old speaker worth putting in.
If you're a pure numbers guy, there are speaker rebuilders (Hemmings).
If you just want a working speaker, measure the distance between the mounting holes and go from there. Today's smaller speakers using a home made adaptor will sound better than the original one did new.

Stans correct as usual. I had once made a bracket to handle two small speakers under the original 4x 10 hole. It worked well

Original speaker sounds good

Thanks for the memory jogger. I couldn't remember the size of the OEM cnter dash speaker.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AwxqsiqQayz/g_51600/4-x10-Speakers.html

Thanks for the concerns, but believe me. I have the 40+ rear speaker (with some small cracks) working and it sounds really great! Nice bass and treble you do not expect from a mono speaker connected to a AM radio!

Unfortunately the front speaker has to many cracks.

I can put any speaker in the dash hole, but I prefer original.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This.........."I have the 40+ rear speaker (with some small cracks) working and it sounds really great! Nice bass and treble".

I find it hard to believe that it sounds "really great" having small cracks. Once a speaker develops cracks it never sounds good again unless it repaired or replaced. I truly hope it works well for you, thats good!

I am picking up a 67 new yorker next week. dont know if it has the same speaker or not, but the interior is mint. Wouldnt be suprised if the speaker is mint. i will try to let you know once i get it. PM me after wed next week and if i have the car, I will check.

Phil

This.........."I have the 40+ rear speaker (with some small cracks) working and it sounds really great! Nice bass and treble".

I find it hard to believe that it sounds "really great" having small cracks. Once a speaker develops cracks it never sounds good again unless it repaired or replaced. I truly hope it works well for you, thats good!

Sounds great for a 40 year old am radio with just one single mono speaker in the back in a 40 year old car.

I think you now should get the clue ... :hippy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back