69 Chrysler Interior Plastic

MJFUR

Reaction score
69 Chrysler 300 interior plastic has a bit of fading. lol
Is there a "go to" interior type paint to use or will any local rattle can color match work?
The Tan on the left is the original color. Thx

20211228_180052.jpg

20211220_162554.jpg

Always had good luck with SEM color coat products. Seems to dry nice and thin but covers nicely. Rarely any spray variations. Maybe Santa Fe?

Second the SEM product. I believe it expands and contracts with the part which plastic will do. I have used it on a dash pad - satisfied so far.

The SEM paint is great, but you are going to be limited on color match for their aerosols. I'm not familiar with the Herbs paint, but I would expect them to be good quality.

SEM paint needs to be applied using their directions for best results. I've painted a lot of interior panels and used their directions and products, I've had really good luck with minimal issues. I would imagine that using their procedures for cleaning etc. with the Herbs paint will work well too. A call to Herbs to ask about using SEM prep sprays with their paint might be worthwhile too. It would not surprise me if Herbs paint was SEM in origin, just mixed to order for Herbs.

I have actually used a number of Herb's Paint aerosols on a couple of my cars now and it is just as good as SEM and adheres really well. The match ups are spot on too. Even ABC Moparts uses them when making different color dashpads and Bob Baker there has a supply of those paints available as well. Bob only uses the best stuff from my first hand experience.

Back