1964 M4T interior code

SF_James

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a '64 300K with the M4T interior code. The problem is that the headliner is that Chrysler light blue-gray perforated. SMS says it should be tan. This car is a 93K mile original one owner until me and I can say that when I pulled the package tray out and pulled the sail back to get to the body emblems it is apparent that this is the factory headliner.

Anyone with a 1964 Chrysler C body that has the tan interior, I would like it if you would chime in and tell me what the color of your headlining material is.

Also, the sun visors are of the same color and pattern material, just without the perforations.

Thanks, James

1702103598193.jpeg

You may have an assembly line error/substitution - the worker grabbed the wrong one and it was never caught, or perhaps the correct colour headliner wasn't in stock on the assembly line that day, and to keep things going, they were told that the blue would work as the next best thing... or, there was very early-on replacement in the car's life after it was sold, say in '65, 'cause the dog pulled it down (ours did that) and the tan one wasn't available, or perhaps the owner had it replaced early on with a blue one, using factory parts.

Many reasons why it could have happened.

Thanks everyone. I suspect it was a factory swap. It is obvious that it was never changed out. I guess I can go with the light blue gray or the tan in an replacement.

James

Back