NOT MINE 69 SPORT FURY CONVERTIBLE at estate sale

I talked to the estate sellers of the Fury and its a 383 HP car,has been repainted,probably missing some trim like the quarter meddallions and trunk trim. I am gonna check it out probably Tuesday because its 10 minutes from me and if someone here is seriously interested in the car I can give you a honest opinion on the bodywork,paint,general condition ect..FYI, sounds like other locals will be checking it out also ,

I talked to the estate sellers of the Fury and its a 383 HP car,has been repainted,probably missing some trim like the quarter meddallions and trunk trim. I am gonna check it out probably Tuesday because its 10 minutes from me and if someone here is seriously interested in the car I can give you a honest opinion on the bodywork,paint,general condition ect..FYI, sounds like other locals will be checking it out also ,
Was that post over in Plymouth Fury Owners/Facebook yours?

If not poster was pretty enthusiastic about it even with a ask price range of between 10,000 - 12,500.
Also: "yes it has the tilt. Telescoping Steering column"
I think there are more pictures... hold on.

I missed it. If anyone took a printout of the comments in the thread, I'd be interested in seeing them summarized here.

Anyone got the tag?
Just for you ayilar:

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4bbl Convertible Fender Tag.jpg
1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4bbl Convertible VIN Plate.jpg
1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4bbl Convertible Window Sticker Copy.jpg

All the other pictures seem to be the same here.

:thumbsup:

Was that post over in Plymouth Fury Owners/Facebook yours?
No not me, here is pics of lower quarters inside trunk,2nd pic shows drivers side patch panel that looks to be pop riveted in. Car sat uncovered for 25 years so EVERYTHING needs to be gone thru & its missing rear trin pieces,qrt meddalions,wheel trim,we looked and didnt find them. The vin decal inside dr door is gone.Very cool highly optioned car when new! Its running on 25 year old fuel and gas tank leaks but didnt hear any bad mechanical sounds.Its gonna cost alot of $$ to bring her to next level imho

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

Thar car is worth buying and fixibg as it is LOADED!
There has to be a story behind it with the sales promo or dealer demo codes.
She is something special, lol.
Pop rivet repairs can be fixed

"FOR CORP ADVERT" would tell me it was an advertising car. Late SPD for the catalog or original advertising.

Thar car is worth buying and fixibg as it is LOADED!
There has to be a story behind it with the sales promo or dealer demo codes.
She is something special, lol.
Pop rivet repairs can be fixed
The car is definatatly worthy of a complete resto and yes,pop rivet repairs can be fixed! I was trying to give potential new owner a heads up on its present condition.Put eyes on the car,there is lots to like but also a lot you wont and cant see in pics.

My pal took a look at it and talked with the seller. One owner car, not run in many years, 72,000 miles. It starts, but the fuel tank is full of varnish. Originally Root Beer brown, resprayed some time ago. New top, not installed. 383-4V, wavy surfaces in the rear quarters (lifetime Detroit-area car), and the interior is trashed. Great project for someone, but not in my wheelhouse. $12,000 is what they're seeking, seems a bit long to me.

Originally Root Beer brown, resprayed some time ago.
Gotta disagree with that. The data plate shows Q4 (EDIT: Q5) which is a light turquoise. That's not saying it wasn't brown somewhere in its life, just saying that is the original color.

But, yeah, that price is kind of high. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it flipped for even more money in a month or so.

1708182361650.png

Last edited:
I dont think 12k is really too far out of line. This is a badass sport fury vert. 1579 made. H code. Color is great. Lots of options. Yup. If this was 69/70 Polara, it'd already be gone.

The seller wouldnt disclose selling price,hopefully it gets a complete and correct resto but I stick by my original post that its gonna cost ALOT of $$ to get it to next level,too much hard to get pieces missing and all chrome needed redone.

Last edited:
I dont think 12k is really too far out of line. This is a badass sport fury vert. 1579 made. H code. Color is great. Lots of options. Yup. If this was 69/70 Polara, it'd already be gone.

I don't think you can compare it to a 70 Polara.
If comparing it to a 69 Polara I'd question that comparison because I think they're almost equal (the Fury & Polara)
Compare it to a 70 Fury, and it would have more interest.
69 Furys do not generate much excitement, certainly not compared to a 70 Fury or Polara.

The seller wouldnt disclose selling price,hopefully it gets a complete and correct resto but I stick by my original post that its gonna cost ALOT of $$ to get it to next level,too much hard to get pieces missing and all chrome needed redone.

You are implying that it sold. I don't think 12 was a bad price for what it is.

I don't think you can compare it to a 70 Polara.
If comparing it to a 69 Polara I'd question that comparison because I think they're almost equal (the Fury & Polara)
Compare it to a 70 Fury, and it would have more interest.
69 Furys do not generate much excitement, certainly not compared to a 70 Fury or Polara.
Of course Polara > Fury always.

I dont understand why 69 SF doesnt generate the excitement. They are great looking cars.

I agree but if given a choice 70 always wins out. Since I haven't been able to secure Daves old car I've considered a couple 69 Furys but even I would consider that settling.

I agree but if given a choice 70 always wins out. Since I haven't been able to secure Daves old car I've considered a couple 69 Furys but even I would consider that settling.

Concur. I prefer the grill of 70-71 to 69.

Back