69 suburban rear markers

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the rear marker reflectors & bezels from a 1969 suburban or T&C....?
I'm prepping the Admiral for paint and can't access the fasteners from the inside on either side. Though I'd ask before trying to pry them out.......

The parts book shows a different part number for Plymouth & Dodge wagons. No details though. Also a design change in Jan 69. ( My car was built in Oct).I dug through thru my stash and found a pair of NOS reflectors so I can pry them off with no fear now.

can't speak for the wagons, but the other 69 plymouths have cap nuts on the back of the bezels. the bezels sandwich the reflectors to the car.

can't speak for the wagons, but the other 69 plymouths have cap nuts on the back of the bezels. the bezels sandwich the reflectors to the car.

Yep, this is true for all 69's except the wagons, (and some Darts I think). There is absolutely no access to the rear markers on either 1/4 panel on my wagon.
The parts book shows a bezel screwed to the body from the outside and a lens screwed to the bezel, which may be the revised method in January. Mine was built in Oct 68 and has no screws in the lens.
I'll let you guys know how it turns out......:drama:

The rear side marker bezels on a wagon are screwed to the body. There is a early version, such as mine is, and a January revision which has the lenses screwed to the bezel.
I was able to pop the lenses out of mine with no damage and found this........

DSC02734.JPG

The rear side marker bezels on a wagon are screwed to the body. There is a early version, such as mine is, and a January revision which has the lenses screwed to the bezel.
I was able to pop the lenses out of mine with no damage and found this........

Now I had to go look at mine. No screws to be seen. It is a Sept 12 build date.

Now I had to go look at mine. No screws to be seen. It is a Sept 12 build date.

Yours is an early car also as is mine, (Oct 8). The change came in Jan. Does anyone here have a wagon (Plymouth or dodge), built after Jan....? Maybe post a picture of a lense with screws.

Back