WANTED 69GE 4001,4002 wide flute headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are what you're seeking the normal 1969 model year low-bean and high-beam headlights, rather than the later versions of those same numbers? Or does "wide flute" indicate some other specialized beam pattern than the normal low-beam and high-beam headlights?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Have a pic of the lens you want? I am getting a parts lot in and it definitely has 4002 in it and a few others I can read in the picture.

Last edited:
Someone on this forum posted what the original headlights from GE looked like in 69, there were wide flute, later GE changed to a more narrow flute sometime in 1970, I’m looking for the wide flute

371FB0D5-F96E-4003-823D-290645B451F4.png

From what I understand the 4001 is the high beam , 2 prong, and the 4002 is the low beam 3 prong

I think I have the 4002 NORS in a sylvania box but ar ge. Let me get pics.

What I have a pair of NORS

DSC01183.JPG

DSC01184.JPG

Last edited:
@69mopar man
The flutes on the lamps is something literally no one thinks about.
That kind of detail would only be taken into account (if even that) at a national Concours judging event. So, your post really intrigued me. Are you doing a 99 point restoration or are you detail oriented.

Plus... Today I learned:
More about headlight flutes. :)

I’m just trying to put the car back in top running and good looking condition I’m had to replace a headlight and todays brands are not even close to original, my brother noticed the headlight was different , so the ones on the car are wide flute and I want all of them to match, I only want to do something once and do it right, but that’s not easy as I’m finding out on my brakes I replaced everything but there still soft I bought Forman wheel cylinders and there junk the bleeder screw is still wabbley after you crack it open , so I’m going to replace with the only ones that are made in USA anymore raybestos , and I’ll get rid of the self adjusters because nobody knows anything about them and the car only had the short blue spring with the self adjuster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back