70 Fury...passenger side mirror gasket info

Cadee

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used passenger side mirror for my 70 Fury but I did not have a gasket.
I've looked on line but no one seems to have the exact one. Detroit Muscle says they MAY have one but they are not sure if it is correct.
Does anyone know the original part number for the gasket, or have a picture of the gasket, or actually have one to sell?
Thanks.

I recently purchased a used passenger side mirror for my 70 Fury but I did not have a gasket.
I've looked on line but no one seems to have the exact one. Detroit Muscle says they MAY have one but they are not sure if it is correct.
Does anyone know the original part number for the gasket, or have a picture of the gasket, or actually have one to sell?
Thanks.

Master parts catalogue, free download: www.mymopar.com in the reference section. The part number will probably be in the "body" section.

Dave

I need to find a passenger side mirror for my '70 Sport Fury. Any leads? After 40 years of driving a semi taking my eyes completely off the road to turn and look over my right shoulder during a lane change doesn't feel right. On top of that dual mirrors look better.

I need to find a passenger side mirror for my '70 Sport Fury. Any leads? After 40 years of driving a semi taking my eyes completely off the road to turn and look over my right shoulder during a lane change doesn't feel right. On top of that dual mirrors look better.
Don't figure on the right mirror helping you change lanes.

Don't figure on the right mirror helping you change lanes.
Yeah, I know. Passenger mirrors back then weren't the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" style so you don't see a lot, but after 4 million miles I'm used to having a mirror outside my right window.

I used a piece of inner tube from one of the kid's bikes to make a mounting gasket.

The RH mirror is somewhat of a joke when compared to anything modern. I haven't yet, but I am shopping for a convex mirror I can stick on the mirror to at least catch movement on the right side.

Back in the day I had a mirror that clipped over the rear view mirror and it was shaped to give panoramic view from the left rear corner to two lanes over on the right. It was perfect for freeway driving. Look some what like this.

200282-p1.jpg

Back in the day I had a mirror that clipped over the rear view mirror and it was shaped to give panoramic view from the left rear corner to two lanes over on the right. It was perfect for freeway driving. Look some what like this.

View attachment 182305

They call that a Wink (brand name) mirror. They still make similar versions.

I drove a friend's Dodge Rampage to E'Town one year and that car had a Wink mirror. It took me a little bit to get used to it and my problem was I sat much taller in the seat and had to look under it to see ahead.

Here are a few pictures of my 69 fury passenger mirror and gasket, they are the same as the 70. I had 2 gaskets and both had the same part number . One seems a bit thinner than the other but they both fit on the mirror . Hope this helps.
733A1682-DD6A-4613-AE89-32273D7D1A14.jpeg
EB122F8D-3683-4243-88DC-307CAB94CDBE.jpeg
83C22A40-5489-45F7-9270-61130872656C.jpeg
317A3CD2-89BB-4347-B7BB-D0B719EB1946.jpeg
A6975681-85AE-40A7-A1A6-76733C501A69.jpeg

Any drivers side gasket should work for the passenger side mirror and there are a lot of those out there.

The one gasket is wore though and I would like to keep the other as a spare

Back