70 Fury Vinyl Top Trim

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I want to remove the stainless vinyl top trim at the bottom of the c-pillars and near the bottom of the rear window of a 70 Fury 29 body. Anyone have any instructions for doing the job or pictures of the clips that hold the metal strips in place?

Update

From the pictures below, you will see that the corner pieces (and rear pieces) had studs and nuts. Of course, these were easy to deal with. I needed help removing the pieces beside the c-pillar. These are popped on to screws, such as the one pictured. The screws don't go thru the trim, and the screws are held in place by contact with body sheet metal. You cannot remove the screws because the heads are under the trim. I used a metal gasket scraper, which I slid under the trim and jiggled rapidly. Whatever held the trim to the screws must have disintegrated, because the trim came off undamaged. I still can't find anything in my 1970 Plymouth FSM about what holds the trim to the screws. Without that knowledge, the trim will be hard to reattach. Any light you can shed would be most helpful. Respectfully, Ben

DSCN8056.jpg

DSCN8059.jpg

DSCN8054.jpg

DSCN8056.jpg

DSCN8059.jpg

DSCN8060.jpg

DSCN8054.jpg

Back