For Sale 70 GT on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The marketplace has spoken
Fair price for a muscle car C body I wish I could buy and restore but the wife and i agreed no more old cars. Keep life simple.

383 N code, 440 Cop cars and muscle car C Bodys are being discovered by the big dogs and there go the prices. Remember those $4000.00 challenger nos fenders?

Pretty good and respectable price for it at $8,400. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it sell. Is it sold?

Just figured I'd share this with everyone. Look what's in the left lane. Taken at Great Lakes Dragway.
70 GT drag racing.jpg

Last edited:
Says it SOLD ....
1970 Plymouth Fury Sport Fury GT
1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT 440 B5 Blue
Condition:
Used
“1970 B5 Blue Sport Fury GT 440 B5 Blue car.Runs and yard drives,Unrestored Original Complete and ”
.Ended:
Mar 17, 2019 , 8:00PM

Winning bid:
US $8,400.00
[ 38 bids ]

Ah, it did sell. Good to know there were a lot of bids for it. Guess they do have a following. Congrats & Best Of Luck to the new owner. I would love to know what happens to it next. Hope the new owner joins this site!

Most of my cars have indeed been complete restorations Graham. I get more out of them when I put more into them - and I truly enjoy the "work" in seeing something rise from the ashes to be new again. I am too meticulous to put up with flaws and problems from "drivers". We are all different, though, and I truly respect other points of view. My only really original car is my 1960 300F, and it has only 29K miles on it and the paint has never been redone and the chrome is like new. Otherwise, I would have torn it apart too, but in this case, that would have been a tragedy - a car like that is only original once.

Having seen that car in the flesh at your place Steve, can testify that it is a work of art. Beautiful car.

Just an FYI on the stripe codes I believe Belvidere cars (D plant) didn't get a stripe on the fender tag (it is on the broadcast sheet) but Dover cars did (F plant).

Well I saw this one in the scranton > for sale > cars & trucks - by owner Craigslist and thought WTF didn't this just sell on eBay? (and another GT saga starting)

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

But the text is kinda cryptic so I did some more searching and found on a Syracuse listing he is looking for a parts car I guess.

1970 Plymouth Fury - $1500 (Syracuse)
1970 Plymouth Fury

"Looking for any 1970 plymouth fury for sale/parts. I, II, III, Sport Suburban, ANY 70 FURY. Call Alex"

Candidate for the moron thread or needs to search for...
An+Idiot%2527s+Guide+to+Craigslist+for+Dummies+and+Idiots.jpg

:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

But the text is kinda cryptic so I did some more searching and found on a Syracuse listing he is looking for a parts car I guess.

Candidate for the moron thread

:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

I don't get what's wrong with the Craigslist ad... He's looking for parts of a partscar, obliviously to restore a GT. What's wrong with it?

Well I saw this one in the scranton > for sale > cars & trucks - by owner Craigslist and thought WTF didn't this just sell on eBay? (and another GT saga starting)

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

1970 Plymouth Fury - $1500 (Syracuse)
1970 Plymouth Fury

"Looking for any 1970 plymouth fury for sale/parts. I, II, III, Sport Suburban, ANY 70 FURY. Call Alex"

Candidate for the moron thread or needs to search for...
View attachment 275952

Since those pics are of the eBay car in someone’s garage, safe to assume the new owner is now searching for parts? Seems like a reasonable approach, except Craig’s List is a black hole of uselessness. He’d be better off coming here.

You really have to read the ad before you assume something. I thought the car was for sale again too, because it just said 70 Sport Fury GT. NOT 70 Sport Fury GT PARTS wanted. Or something along those "lines".

I don't get what's wrong with the Craigslist ad... He's looking for parts of a partscar, obliviously to restore a GT. What's wrong with it?

Obviously you missed this:
scranton > for sale > cars & trucks - by owner
Car for Sale?? You don't put a wanted car to *BUY* in the For Sale section.
I know many do and it's just clutter/spam for people that are looking to *BUY*.
Flagable.

That was the first ad I saw, second ad I saw was in the for sale *WANTED* in Syracuse.
syracuse > for sale > wanted - by owner

Then there's a third ad I didn't bookmark, but whatever/wherever he is he's spamming and not being too clear as to what's going on.

Obviously you missed this:
scranton > for sale > cars & trucks - by owner
Car for Sale?? You don't put a wanted car to *BUY* in the For Sale section.
I know many do and it's just clutter/spam for people that are looking to *BUY*.
Flagable.

That was the first ad I saw, second ad I saw was in the for sale *WANTED* in Syracuse.
syracuse > for sale > wanted - by owner

Then there's a third ad I didn't bookmark, but whatever/wherever he is he's spamming and not being too clear as to what's going on.

Man, you are as sharp as a razor. Wouldn't want to cut across you lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back