SOLD 70 Newport Custom for sale $9200

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlson413

Reaction score
Contact seller
I Selling my 70 Newport Custom 4dr ht, it has about 58K original miles. I've had it for about 7 years. I've lost interest and want it to go to a good home.

2.76 open read end
Power Windows

Upgrades and significant work:
Rebuilt original 383 with 440 source 438 stroker kit and 440 source aluminum heads. It has a mild cam, so it still runs like grandma's car, but it's a significant power upgrade.
Front end rebuild
Scarebird Disc brake conversion
Addco front anti-sway bar
Accusump oil accumulator
Metal repair around back lite

The body is in very good condition except for the right side lower quarter and above the wheel (see pics). Chrome is all there in good shape. It needs a vinyl top.
The interior is fair as seen in the pics. The front seat needs some work. Headliner is original and in good shape. Original carpet has been replaced with black. Dash is discolored and has a small crack.
Drivetrain is in excellent shape. The engine runs great, but has a small rear main leak. Trans has a mild shift kit and has been rebuilt.
The AC is all there and was in working condition up until about a year ago when it lost it's charge.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for looking!
-Steve

1 (1).jpg

2 (2).jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

I Selling my 70 Newport Custom 4dr ht, it has about 58K original miles. I've had it for about 7 years. I've lost interest and want it to go to a good home.

2.76 open read end
Power Windows

Upgrades and significant work:
Rebuilt original 383 with 440 source 438 stroker kit and 440 source aluminum heads. It has a mild cam, so it still runs like grandma's car, but it's a significant power upgrade.
Front end rebuild
Scarebird Disc brake conversion
Addco front anti-sway bar
Accusump oil accumulator
Metal repair around back lite

The body is in very good condition except for the right side lower quarter and above the wheel (see pics). Chrome is all there in good shape. It needs a vinyl top.
The interior is fair as seen in the pics. The front seat needs some work. Headliner is original and in good shape. Original carpet has been replaced with black. Dash is discolored and has a small crack.
Drivetrain is in excellent shape. The engine runs great, but has a small rear main leak. Trans has a mild shift kit and has been rebuilt.
The AC is all there and was in working condition up until about a year ago when it lost it's charge.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for looking!
-Steve

View attachment 537046

View attachment 537047

View attachment 537048

View attachment 537050

View attachment 537051

View attachment 537052

View attachment 537053

View attachment 537054

View attachment 537055

View attachment 537056
I Guess I should have said where it is.... I'm in Chesapeake, VA (Near Virginia Beach)

How mild is the cam? Specs? Head specs?

Just curious,
CBODY67

The cam is a Summit cam: SUM-6400. intake 214 (@.050) duration, 288 advertised, .444 lift and exhaust 224 (@ .050), 298 advertised and .466 lift. The heads are the stealth aluminum heads from 440 Source. Quote form thier website: "Port volumes are about 212CC's on the intake and 72CC's on the exhaust. Intakes flow about 280-290 CFM as cast... 2.14" and 1.81" valve sizes also come standard. Combustion chamber is a "closed chamber" design". I'm a fan of the heads, I'd but them for any big block build... Cam is good too.

I see a part of the fender tag in one of your photos, could you pls post a shot of it? Thank you!

Edit: this is CL43L0C167058

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back