70 Plymouth Custom Suburban Wagon 3 speed on the floor

xxcarguy

Reaction score
Found this and thought I would share it.

image.png

image.png

Very very cool. That is freakin' awesome, thanks for sharing. I did not know these even existed with 3 on the floor, I thought these only came 3 on the tree and with automatics. What engine does it have and is this car even for sale?

Last edited:
There is no fendertag pic ?
It must show D13 if it is original.

Very very cool. That is freakin' awesome, thanks for sharing. I did not know these even existed with 3 on the floor, I thought these only came 3 on the tree and with automatics. What engine does it have and is this car even for sale?

I suspect it was originally 3 on the tree. Hurst did big business decades ago selling kits to convert from tree to floor. People would do this after the bushings in the column got sloppy. Most of the hack mechanics of the day couldn't rebuild a column and set up the shift rods to get things working nicely again, so it was easier and cheaper to whack a hole in the floor and throw a shifter onto the side of the trans.

On this car, things look a bit sloppy around the shifter boot, so I'd put my money on a conversion.

My father ordered a new Dodge Dart in 1971 with 3 on the floor, and it was a pretty uncommon setup back then.

Jeff

These are very old pics, probably 15 years at least. I remember this car when it was posted, think it was local to me back then.

Back