'70 Plymouth Sport Fury 383HP resto thread

I f*=:)ing love burnt orange.. Beautiful..
Thanks for the info and sorry for bringing the thread off track

I have thought of repainting mine orange, the medium Tan interior would go well enough. I love the color too.

I wonder if there are any flow differences between the driver side hi po manifold B/E design vs. the C’s design.

I wonder if there are any flow differences between the driver side hi po manifold B/E design vs. the C’s design.

Probably not enough to make any real difference in horsepower. Unlike the late-'60s 'Cuda 383 where the lh manifold was so restrictive that it resulted in a lower factory horsepower rating for the 383HP when installed in the early 'Cuda platform. As the lh manifold had to snake around the steering column.

CBODY67

Well ... (and I feel I might loose some followers right here and now), there's only 2 things I'm pondering : loosing the white vinyl top and the side mouldings, changing the color to Burnt Orange (though I know FT6 is a desirable color, I'm really in love with FK3/FK5). But I'm still in the early stages, so everything is not really decided right now.

I think the tan looks every bit as good as the FK3/FK5 and I have FK3 and FK5 cars.
I can see your point about the vinyl roof,though,especially in white.I would consider deleting that or changing it to black or even something similar to the body color.I've seen a 70 FT6 Charger with a similar color Gator grain top that looked awesome but that might be a bit overkill on a C-body.
I would keep the trim as shaving that off brings the car into customized territory as opposed to restored.

Step 1 this weekend will be to :

a) make the engine running again. It was before leaving Canada almost 2 months ago, but the starter won't even turn now, because the battery's dead and does not hold recharge. I guess it just needs a new battery. At least I hope so.

b) fix the driver side window. It stays down though I can hear the motor turning. Need to do this as a priority because the car stays outside for the moment being (that's why you see a bit of thick cover on the driver side on the picture). A car cover has been ordered and is on its way, but I would prefer to have all windows closed anyway.
Sounds like a couple of easy things to fix. Start with the battery, I believe the problem with the window motor is probably the gear. I put the Rock Auto link here for you, if you look at the gear you can see the 3 nylon pucks that dry out and crumble. When this happens the motor just spins.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...232491,interior,power+window+motor+gear,10733

I thought some one here had a repair that they did using 5/16th nuts in place of the nylon bushings. It would work but you wont get the cushioning effect of the nylon.

I think the tan looks every bit as good as the FK3/FK5 and I have FK3 and FK5 cars. I can see your point about the vinyl roof,though,especially in white.I would consider deleting that or changing it to black or even something similar to the body color.I've seen a 70 FT6 Charger with a similar color Gator grain top that looked awesome but that might be a bit overkill on a C-body.
I would keep the trim as shaving that off brings the car into customized territory as opposed to restored.
I thought the side belts mouldings were optional.
Were they not ?

EDIT : no, they were indeed standard equipment. I just checked.

Sounds like a couple of easy things to fix. Start with the battery, I believe the problem with the window motor is probably the gear. I put the Rock Auto link here for you, if you look at the gear you can see the 3 nylon pucks that dry out and crumble. When this happens the motor just spins.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...232491,interior,power+window+motor+gear,10733

I thought some one here had a repair that they did using 5/16th nuts in place of the nylon bushings. It would work but you wont get the cushioning effect of the nylon.
With a frest battery, the engine did start, though it did not hold more than 4 or 5 seconds. I think the problem is linked to the fact that the gas currently comes from a plastic jar (new gas tank waiting to be installed) and there are air bubbles in the hose connected to the pump. Anyway, it's alive !! :)

You are right, the driver side window problem comes from the gears, the motor just spins freely. Thanks a lot for the Rockauto link, I would not have looked there for such a part, but I'm happy they're selling them !

Last edited:
Back