70 Polara vert rebuild status

Thanks, i think\(hope) I found something on ebay other than the NOS part.

Is there a place to get door handles and locks so that everything is new or will I be trying to shine up the parts I have best I can? In an effort to save money I may be reassembling the interior parts of the car myself (the doors mechanics\carpet\seats\convertible hydraulics ect). At least I will be able to say I was hands on for part of it.
Don't look for c-body door handles, they are all the same, what makes them different is the internal lever assembly and that can be swapped (assuming your originals are good)

Alan

Don't look for c-body door handles, they are all the same, what makes them different is the internal lever assembly and that can be swapped (assuming your originals are good)

Alan
so door handles that are advertised for a 68-70 b-body would be the same on the outside as the c bodies? Just the inner workings need to be swapped (or kept from the originals)?

3454396 right outside door handle same as 2945670, 3545114
3454397 left outside door handle same as 2945671, 3545115

1969-71 Ply Dodge C body

Hilltop has one:

NOS Mopar Right Outside Door Handle 1969-70 Plymouth Dodge C Body Models - Hiltop Auto Parts
Thanks for the lead. Looking like as long as the handles I have aren't totally pitted to try and shine them up the best I can. Might be hard to tell from a picture but the handles I got off the donor car seemed to be in as good as shape as the one you just sent me. Will work on polishing them up. Thank you again.

Congrats on the progress! Your car, your choice. I like EB3 too, and it will go well with your blue interior.

This said... DL27L0D210381 is the only EA4 1970 Polara 'vert that AFAIK is still on the road (the other EA4 ragtop is DL27L0D137069 which, according to @polara71's 2008 spreadsheet, it has been repainted yellow). You may look at @Dga26 's EA4 SFGT to see how good that car looks after the original-color repaint.
Is either E3 or E5 a metallic paint?

B5 was not available on senior Dodges in 1970 AFAIK — only EB3 and EB7. All three are metallic paints.
Not the the EB3 is correct for my car but it is either that or EB5 that I will have the car painted. The EB7 is just a little too dark for what I would like to have on my car. Thanks again. You seem like the right person to ask, just how many 70 polara convertibles still exist that you are aware of? When I tell my guy there were only 842 made he starts to understand that it isn't so easy to find replacement parts.

Not the the EB3 is correct for my car but it is either that or EB5 that I will have the car painted. The EB7 is just a little too dark for what I would like to have on my car.
EB3, EB7 and FQ3 were available on the Polara, B5 was available on smaller 1970 Dodge offerings.

just how many 70 polara convertibles still exist that you are aware of? When I tell my guy there were only 842 made he starts to understand that it isn't so easy to find replacement parts.

I have 86 cars in my little database, half of which are still on the road: just 43 are drivers or better. Another 17 are rebuildable, while the rest are realistically parts cars (or have been parted). I am sure that @polara71 has more info than I have, but I would be surprised if he knew of more than 45-50 drivers.

Well here are a couple of pictures of where the car stands today. Looks more like the donor car at this point than the one being saved.
It looks significantly better then the donor car at this point lol

20220130_181551.jpg

20220206_083851.jpg

20220221_180720.jpg

20220227_175821.jpg

20220228_193930.jpg

So paint is going on the car this week, I think it may have been coated a couple of times already. B3 was the choice. I should have some pictures tomorrow. That means I will be getting the car back soon with a bare interior for me to put back together (door glass, carpet, handles, locks, top hydraulics. Since the interior is bare any suggestions on things to fine tune or take care of? I plan on painting the floorboards and getting insulating material before putting the carpet back down. Any suggestion for what to use on the floor boards? All I hear or know about is POR15, is that appropriate to use or is there something else that I should use? Also I have been looking at the FSM for installing the door glass and it mechanical parts and it is only leading to confuse me. Will it be easier once I have the parts in front of me to assemble? Is there any one thing to be aware of while putting everything back together? I am a disadvantage because I didn't take it apart. Thanks.

clean and lube all of the window tracks and guides

Back