70 Sport Fury GT B5 Blue with B5 interior 440-4bbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

first of all: thanks to Stan for posting it and thinking of me. I appreciate it.

I know of the car already since a half year and decided not to go for it.

@Mark: I have sent you an e-mail with the other pics I have of it:eek:ccasion14:

Carsten

Well, I'll still accept a finder's fee from Mark.
If he buys it, this will make a full 1/2 dozen cars I have found that I posted and people have bought.

And about 80 % by the same person.

Well, I'll still accept a finder's fee from Mark.
If he buys it, this will make a full 1/2 dozen cars I have found that I posted and people have bought.

Judging from the pics I got from Carsten, looks like a no go.......would you guys like to see them?

No need to start a poll. The answer is clear. :)

DSC00422.jpgDSC00423.jpgDSC00428.jpgDSC00431.jpgDSC00434.jpgDSC00432.jpgDSC00433.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

i'm trying to figure out what they did there, does not look like a patch, maybe someone just test pAinted that section after cleaning it up?

First pic looks still promising, then it's getting worse.

Rebuild motor/trans, brakes and tires= $5000 minimum
Media blast car,paint and bodywork= $6000 minimum
Interior (seat inserts) and carpet= $2000 minimum
Misc. and surprises. add 10%
Now check where a number 2 or 3 condition car would be.

Just make sure you are not looking at this from a emotional standpoint without looking at the real facts.

First pic looks still promising, then it's getting worse.

with those numbers you can have a great looking and rare car for $18,000 including the price of the car

pete, the qtrs prob have to be replaced. he has rust free ones, but i assume you didn't add the cost of that in there. I was guessing more like 20k'ish to get it to #2, w/o any big surprises. the trunk prob has to be repl too.

One thing i have found out is that I could save a lot of $$ by learning body work/welding, but you don't pick that stuff up overnight.

If I was a Fury guy I'd be stealing money to get that car.... Then again, I already have the Dodge version

That is alot of work for a professional let alone to be done as your first project. With that in mind it has been done before by others. I don't have the talent or time. If you are adding rear quarters and a trunk floor......what is not known and needs to be done???? Add up to $10k more. I suspect $30 is a number two with it advertised nationally and a professional looking job done.

255646 2007 collectible automobile.jpg

Our very own Fratzog Fred built his polara in his 12 x 24 garage and has won at Carlisle and made several magazines. It can be done, he is an inspiration .

255646 2007 collectible automobile.jpg

true, the welding work is what is daunting to me..........and as Will said some time ago, when you do a car over like that, it holds no secrets from you.

true, the welding work is what is daunting to me..........and as Will said some time ago, when you do a car over like that, it holds no secrets from you.

Like a good woman..........hopefully Fred will chime in but I dont think he did any cars before the Polara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back