71 Dodge Monaco.

I found this in the trunk...

IMG_20180402_172212.jpg

I like em both! Oh I found some old vehicle information in the car. James Walker... I got your Dodge.

These cars in that neighborhood look like back in the early 80s minus the newer cars in the streets, whích I see positive as I hate Change. :D
They redecorate and modernize like hell over here.

Haha man that Polara was DEEP in Chicago! They really look good next to each other, very cool.
It sure looks like it wants to be driven...have you ever looked into getting a bonded title? Or maybe a bill of sale from a state that doesn't issue titles for cars that old? Of course, that is as long as it checks out ok in the system.

Haha man that Polara was DEEP in Chicago! They really look good next to each other, very cool.
It sure looks like it wants to be driven...have you ever looked into getting a bonded title? Or maybe a bill of sale from a state that doesn't issue titles for cars that old? Of course, that is as long as it checks out ok in the system.
I think I might do something. If I don't find the deal breaker rust. I have plenty of sheet metal to fix the hole in the floor. I just think it would make an awesome beater I don't need to worry about. The hood will shine. Interior is intact and in pretty spectacular shape. With the driver's side of the seat being the exception. I believe if ran through the system, it's fine. Address I picked it up at matches with what I found in the car today with the formers owners info. The guy really bought property and found this in the garage...I'm glad I'm the first person he called.

I always pictured you with ten acres.

View attachment 177528
I feel like if I had that much property, there would be alot more cars... Ideally, I'd like to start a Mopar salvage yard, so it's going to be time to expand soon...very soon. I do have my other cars at the shop across town. My basement has two large rooms filled with c body parts. I have a spare bedroom upstairs that has my glass and dome light collection in it. My garage is bursting at the seams... I don't think I've ever caught the Mopar bug this bad...all it took was a few years in a rusty green 71 Dodge and I've been hooked ever since. Baby Wyatt and my Sister in Dad's 71 in the 90s. This is the reason why I am oddly attached to this Monaco.

FB_IMG_1480747672133.jpg

received_1464117586954087.jpeg

That's a cool looking old bomb.If it's not too rotted or used up,it would be neat to get it back on the road and use it for a low buck driver or a back up car.

A few months ago I picked up this 73 Dart that I had pegged as a parts car as it had been sitting outside for 18 years under a tarp with the hood off after an unfinished engine swap.Incredibly,the engine turned over and with a different carb,alternator,water pump and a cap+rotor,it's now running fine and I'm planning on keeping it around for an occasional driver.
No point scrapping a compete and usable car if there's still some good miles left in it.
IMG_3483.JPG

Back