M36: Rear Bumper Periphery
26: 26in Radiator

M85: Front & Rear Bumper Guards
N88: Auto Speed Control
R13: Deluxe AM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
V01: Mono Tone Paint Treatment
V5F: Body Side Stripes, Green
Y14: Sold Car

It's got a hole in the floor. Spot under the back window. Lower quarters are flappy. ends of the rockers are shot as well as the lower fenders. Didn't even pull up the trunk mat fully. Not expecting much...

that is not rusty.
Deal with 70-71 E-bodys and you will learn what people call solid

When parts are readily available as they are with Es "Rusty " is not a big deal.
This car looks like it has rust at all the hidden places. "Rusty " becomes much more relevant when parts aren't available or when you can buy a different complete car of choice for the same price of restoring the rusty one.

all you need is a talented metalguru.
Lower quarters, lower fenders etc can be relativly easy handcrafted
Floorboards and trunk is an easy job, too

Not saying it is worth it financially.
But I am not into C-bodies for the money

To restore it correctly it needs to come apart completely and reassembled . Would likely need a parts car. Now, I'm back into parting one ....no no. Drive it as is or part it out

I am not talking a full resto.
But fixing it up some (as mentioned) and turn it into a driver

Then where do you start? Where do you stop? Rust in every corner, maybe not through rot but rust everywhere. How do I know that interior isn't dryrotted?

:bs_flag:

This car is a parts car now and even then not much available

I own a couple drivers with worn seats.
My butt survives as did the cars including surface rust and a few small rustholes

So have I .... but you've gotta look at the whole picture. Even the save the whales people know they can't revive the dead ones.

No keys, no title, rust under every crevice, rot at fenders, rockers, quarters, floors, and probably trunk pan. Who knows what is wrong mechanically....lets presume brakes, exhaust , water pump, radiator and a gas tank are needed along with a cooling flush and trans fluid and oil change.

And after all that I'd be afraid to wash it

I absolutly agree with you on that.

My comparison with the E-body only should show how differently people look at cars and how the are valued. This one will die but even if it would be just a 383 Challenger RT in green it would bring 15k $ as a project. If it would ever return to the street or just sit as a project is another story

Carsten

If it had paperwork I would keep it around. End of story. I know it's not that bad rust wise. Look at my Brougham...

I think I would have to ask this "metalguru" how easy it is to do his job. If it were so easy, I would think that quality work would be the rule rather than the exception.

it really depends on what you are used to.
If you are into popular american classics you can buy a lot of repro metal.

But for many european classics you just can't buy those parts.
Therefore the requirement to buillt something out of nothing is more common in restoration business overhere. As a result you got more people who have these talents. I know three Mopar metal guys within a 150 Kilometer radius (less than a 100 miles) who can do this

What is the town and country group and turnpike package?

If that's similar to the B-Body Option it should include:
Turnpike package: Disc Brakes, numerically lower rear axle Ratio, Hood insulation, 383 2bbl, undercoating, headlamp buzzer, automatic Speed control

Back