71 Fury 3 dash cluster

71furyIII

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section to put this in but I have a few questions about the dash cluster and panel:

Is it normal to not have turn signal indicators on the dash? I have a buddy who has a '71 polara and my brother has a '71 new yorker and both have the green turn indicators on the dash panel, however my '71 fury doesn't. It has 4 red lights (parking brake, oil, door, and fuel). I just find it odd that it doesn't have indicators and the rest do. I was looking at a few other c bodys at carlisle and they all seem to have the dash indicators.

There is a small blue light/dome above the panel, next to the green dash lights. Any idea what this is for? It was burnt out and I had replaced it but it doesn't seem to come on with anything.

I believe the 71 cars that have fender mounted turn signal indicators do not have them on the dash cluster. My 71 was at Carlisle and it has the fender mounted signals.

when i had my 71 FURY III it didn't have signal indicators on the dash...

the light you replaced is the high beam indicator light from the sounds of it

That answered by question on the turn signals, odd that dodge/Chrysler had them but Plymouth didn't...

The high beam indicator is a red tab light directly above the speedometer, this was a blue light all the way on the left

Sport Fury has it right...if you had them on the fender, you lost the dash indicator...its an A code package but I cant recall the number

Here's the blue light I was talking about, under the filter there is a metal case around the bulb with only a small hole cut out, looks like it aims towards the column or steering wheel?

image_1436931388493.jpg

that just part of the dash lights, need to check it it has a power and a good ground. i highly suggest upgrading to quartz movement for the clock. i went thru plenty oem clocks just to find a good working one

Back