71 New Yorker, what color could this be??

baging

Reaction score
Ok, waiting for delivery of my 71 New Yorker and all i have is pictures to look at..
So, does anyone recognize the color of this car....can't find it on paint chip charts for 71... :/
P1380395.jpg

Its J4, same as on my 71 300 coupe. One of my favorite colors, and I am not usually a fan of green. And mine isn't even polished yet!

100_5512.jpg

Its J4, same as on my 71 300 coupe. One of my favorite colors, and I am not usually a fan of green. And mine isn't even polished yet!

View attachment 302426

Thank you! Guess the color looks different on different pictures, but that looks like it's it! :)
Nice with white interior! Mine has green interior, the same as my current car :D

Ok, got the car now, and took a look at the fender tag...
Color should be F3 Medium Green Poly.... :)

IMG_20190719_091102.jpg

It sure doesn't look like the paint sample in their color and trim selector for 1971 that I have. F3 is lighter and less of a bright green than J4. I doubt the car has been repainted at least in the area of the fender tag, so maybe that is just the way F3 ages over time? This did surprise me. Here is another example of GJ4 out in the sunlight on a previously owned 1971 Polara Brougham with original paint (probably the most regrettable sale I have ever made):

100_6578.jpg

In comparing your car in the sunlight with this one, the difference is more clear.

Thanks for the update!

It sure doesn't look like the paint sample in their color and trim selector for 1971 that I have. F3 is lighter and less of a bright green than J4. I doubt the car has been repainted at least in the area of the fender tag, so maybe that is just the way F3 ages over time? This did surprise me. Here is another example of GJ4 out in the sunlight on a previously owned 1971 Polara Brougham with original paint (probably the most regrettable sale I have ever made):

View attachment 303271

In comparing your car in the sunlight with this one, the difference is more clear.

Thanks for the update!

Yes. Confused and thinking in the same circles as you.....perhaps it's aged and became like this? Since the car looks untouched under the hood, i doubt that it's been resprayed with a totally different color.... :/
This picture is from today.... :)

IMG_20190720_212438.jpg

Back