NOT MINE 71 NYer coupe yellow (Belgium)

At 27.500 euros it won't be for sale long. The car is in perfect order. If you can live with the color, it's a steal. IMHO.

At 27.500 euros it won't be for sale long. The car is in perfect order. If you can live with the color, it's a steal. IMHO.

My 71 FY1 New Yorker shown in post $52 above is fully optioned with sunroof, console mounted cassette player, just about every other option available and has the 440 HP and has only 38K miles on it, bought from the original owner's son. The original owner was Phil Rauch, owner of a Chrysler/Imperial dealership Burbank, CA back in those years. He special ordered this car and drove it the rest of his life on dealer plates the whole time. So I became its first titled owner. It was his favorite car of all time according to his son.

I have had many offers to buy the car by people literally begging me to let them do so. So your estimate may be correct, although I was not expecting it to be worth that much honestly. So maybe....................

Knowing myself, I will leave that decision up to my trustee more than likely.....................................I really like the car myself. And I am not really an attention ***** like Stan either! :D :poke:

Last edited:
So it’s in Lille, France, near the Belgian border.
Except for the color, it’s a marvellous car. I’d have to have it oversprayed into B2 Light Blue, so I’m out.

The ad says that the car has the original factory yellow, a black leather :)rolleyes:) interior, and a console.

e6b149249e3b37d80fb1d1f64d8be9df97fba34a.jpg

94053516aa13a0d3ca45dafd02280bf60e6d4b0c.jpg

f3a81653e6733e95866e7855d62d656d83947072.jpg

The ad says that the car has the original factory yellow, a black leather :)rolleyes:) interior, and a console.

View attachment 580620

View attachment 580621

View attachment 580622

That may be an attempted effort at duplicating the factory Lemon Twist but a big miss in the execution of the repaint. It is too deep and too bright of a yellow to replicate the original color. No leather interiors available originally in the New Yorkers - vinyl or cloth only.

No leather interiors available originally in the New Yorkers - vinyl or cloth only.
On two doors, that’s correct — and why I rolled my eyes). On four doors, the HLT7 leather split bench interior was available in 1971.

That yellow on the two door actually looks really good. I'm not a fy1 fan, but sometimes it does look very good and this is one of those exceptions for me.

Back