'71 Plymouth Suburban FS - Monroe, Mich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg B.

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=251314448593&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

I don't normally post eBay finds here, but a pair of '71 Plymouth Suburban wagons popped up in my alert feed today and they are both quite remarkable.

The first is a minty '71 Custom Suburban in Scottsdale, AZ being offered by a classic car dealer for the low low price of $23,500. It is truly gorgeous and may well be the nicest one on the planet. But if you are interested in that one, you could look it up, as Casey Stengel used to say.

But this one caught my eye. It is a plain Suburban, so it is trimmed out with Fury 1 (?)-level trim inside. Air, 360, road wheels, mileage says 30,000 though the seller doesn't sound definitive. But just look at it. A little honest wear, but really nice. And the reserve is $6000. This is more in the ballpark. I love it.

71suburb1.jpg71suburb2.jpg71suburb3.jpg71suburb4.jpg

71suburb1.jpg

71suburb2.jpg

71suburb3.jpg

71suburb4.jpg

I've has another look at the pictures and this fusie wagon is in tremendous condition!!!

What color is that? The wagon looks great!

I can't tell for sure but according to the paint chart it looks like E5 Ralleye Red or V2 Tor-Red. I'm leaning toward V2 Tor-Red.

Its K6 Autumn Bronze poly!!!

Dont argue with me on this, it is what it is

Corrected odometer reading to 44 k, could be actual mileage. That rear wheel lip looks a bit odd in side view, not sure if just the light or some badly done bodywork painted over; needs personal inspection plus repaint below beltline in Michigan could be done to cover up some rust repairs.

That wagon on Arizona was for sale about a year and a half ago in New Jersey. The asking price was 9k if i recall, i might be off on the price, but its the same car. That one was too sharp to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back