Another Baffling '70 Polara Convertible Question

Greg B.

Reaction score
So it seems like it was only yesterday when we discovered that Mark's new '70 Polara convertible was equipped with bucket seats and that in 1970 when you ordered that choice, you could only get them in black. Those of us who hate black interiors in convertibles all commiserated with him and wrung our hands at Dodge's collective foolishness.

So today I get an alert from a well-known auction site to another one. See it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=161083385876&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

A bit of a project, possibly not too bad, needs some things for sure but maybe worthwhile. But look!

70polara_wt.jpg

70polaracvt_ft.jpg

How can this be? I am baffled once again.

70polara_wt.jpg

70polaracvt_ft.jpg

in 1970 when you ordered that choice, you could only get them in black. Those of us who hate black interiors in convertibles all commiserated with him and wrung our hands at Dodge's collective foolishness.
QUOTE]
Black is the only color choice listed on 1969 Chryslers equipped with reclinging bucket seats also. But I found an original example with the reclining seat option in white. (Wish I had saved that pic).
Fact is that back in the day Chrysler would make exceptions and build to custom order if it meant selling a car. A savvy salesman knew what buttons to push to get that done. One reason there are so many odd ball Mopars out there.

I had a parts 69 300 that was equipped with a passenger reclining bucket in black, that I wanted to install in my 69 with white interior. Although Legendary only listed their repop cover in black they built one in white as a custom order for me.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's the case here. One thing I just realized from another look at the photo is that the door jamb tells me this car was originally green. What a surprise.

Oops didn't see this thread and reposted the link in the cars for sale. The seats definitely are not original which leads me to doubt the entire interior. Someone else back in the day may have hated black vinyl.

I posted in Freds thread......the interior is dyed with high back buckets installed. Rusty frame rails and firewall, look at that left quarter........... WOW thats bad, the right side is not quite as bad but still, this is a parts car.

I was first excited when I saw turquoise. Then I saw FF4 green and the thrill was gone. I am happy because the car is a bad turd

Carsten

now it seems like everyone was hopnig for this car to be a turd........thats not good, we need to hope for the opposite

but it does make me a sliver happier with mine, realization of how hard it is to find these cars in really nice shape

I was hoping for a solid car Mark. I wanted it to be another find, but alas it is not. After the last few years you already know how hard it is to find a good Polara convertible, the European boys dropped the ball when it came to your car.

no, the person who put me onto it wanted a turnkey car, completely done. this is not that car - a nice original, but not what would make him happy.

no, the person who put me onto it wanted a turnkey car, completely done. this is not that car - a nice original, but not what would make him happy.

that is why we gave it to you :congratualtions:

You can try all your life and never be like me, it is flattering that you want to be me but alas you are still little you.:hello:

Dave, do you mean Mark is a liar when he says he got it from someone that didn't wanted it

or me that said Mark could have it because we didn't wanted it, the same that Mark said.

or mayby someone that says that i don't know what i'm talking about :busted:

OK, I'll say it...

Who cares?? I know I really don't and I seriously doubt if anyone else gives a **** either.

Back